Adding a new req to Kara

kara gear can be bypassed by badge gear too though. I think doing the key quest shows you are willing to spend more of your own time getting ready for raiding to get you into the habit of spending your own time down the road getting everything else ready for raiding(gearing up, consumables, enchants, etc)

Is the key a required requirement if you want to go in just for badges, or is it required only for the people who are looking to get gear?

That would be a yes... Need to keep it fair across the board for everyone.

whether or not you plan a being a raider or just want badges. ya still need a key.

It not only shows your commitment to meeting reqs for raids but at the same time proves that your not in there on the coat tails of other people who took the time to meet these requirements. ( not saying that is you... just in general) Not fair to those who for instance who work hard to get their +spell damge up to 750 (mages) when you let another in that is sitting at say 500.. then walks away with badges and possibly loot.

Hard work.. (don't think its too hard) = rewards :)

Requiring the Kara key to do Kara is akin to obtaining a drivers license to drive. Just because you can do it without it, having one shows you are willing to sacrifice a little for the better of the group. The Kara req's are not impossible to get. They were alot harder when nobody was even geared well enough to do the first boss or any heroics. It's a bit of a right of passage as well. Walk a mile in my shoes and understand me better even though a mile in my shoes will gain you all the rights and responsibilities I had to walk a thousand miles to get. Show me you are willing to walk a mile and I'll take you the next 999. But you are not willing to take the first step, then how dare you expect me to carry you the rest of the way.

Requiring the Kara key to do Kara is akin to obtaining a drivers license to drive. Just because you can do it without it, having one shows you are willing to sacrifice a little for the better of the group. The Kara req's are not impossible to get. They were alot harder when nobody was even geared well enough to do the first boss or any heroics. It's a bit of a right of passage as well. Walk a mile in my shoes and understand me better even though a mile in my shoes will gain you all the rights and responsibilities I had to walk a thousand miles to get. Show me you are willing to walk a mile and I'll take you the next 999. But you are not willing to take the first step, then how dare you expect me to carry you the rest of the way.

Well said

I was just curious because of the situation that I thought of when I read this.

Person A comes from a high progression guild wanting a slower "WoW Life", if you will. They do not have the Kara key but are well geared and can play their class well.

-----------------------

Since they have the gear and the skills, do you not let them into Kara (since they don't need it anyway, they can get badges elsewhere).

-----------------------

That was the reason for my question.

I was just curious because of the situation that I thought of when I read this.

Person A comes from a high progression guild wanting a slower "WoW Life", if you will. They do not have the Kara key but are well geared and can play their class well.

-----------------------

Since they have the gear and the skills, do you not let them into Kara (since they don't need it anyway, they can get badges elsewhere).

-----------------------

That was the reason for my question.

Person A of the hypothetical is demanding respect instead of earning it.

Last edited:
And if not demanding it out-right, there is a probably a sense of entitlement going on, as somehow he is above others and is deserving of a particular reward/access due to previous experience from another guild.

Who out there is in a high progression guild that isn't keyed for Kara? they just lifted the key req recently so I would imagine anyone serious into raiding already has the key, if not 3+ times on their alts. New 70s or new alts are about the only ones that dont have the key and its easy enough to get the key now anyway, I have helped alts get keys in about 3 hours before from SL-BM.

I was imagining them going along to help as like a healer or a tank or even DPS.

Good point Where...

I'm getting close to 70 with my main and I've been working on getting the key fragments with Ortheas' alt. I don't mind having to. I think it is good to have rights of passage for raiding. It builds "character" in more than one way. It really doesn't take THAT much time to do.

Back