A change of mains

Grimbeorn

Tribe of Judah Star Wars: The Old Republic Sith Em
I am officially changing my main character from Grimbeorn to Minyatur. My main spec is prot, first off-spec will be holy. He is already defense capped, so he is ready to start raiding!

I am officially changing my main character from Grimbeorn to Minyatur. My main spec is prot, first off-spec will be holy. He is already defense capped, so he is ready to start raiding!

Hey Goblit, how does it feel knowing you wanted Chalice to be a tank (even collecting a full tanking set at the expense of your own dkp) but had to spec healing for raid viability and now every pally who wants to tank can come right in and tank.

The system blows chunks and I'm calling it out.

I'm thinking, Grims main should be holy and then off prot so that the pally's that wanted to tank but made sacrifices for the guild get first go at it. And then you become the pally tank in waiting.

I'm sure Goblit, in the spirit of not wanting to make waves will pass on tanking.

Last edited:
5 of 1 half dozen the other. Your spec should be a combo of what you like to play first and foremost and then weighted with your desire to raid.

If we need tanks, then tanks will get spots, healers... then healers.. onward and onward.

I don't think anyone is twisting arms on what spec to play.

5 of 1 half dozen the other. Your spec should be a combo of what you like to play first and foremost and then weighted with your desire to raid.

If we need tanks, then tanks will get spots, healers... then healers.. onward and onward.

I don't think anyone is twisting arms on what spec to play.

Are you insinuating that Goblit choose to heal over tank for selfish reasons (she wanted to raid) versus out of the fact the guild needed healers when Mordos was trying to get the raiding together?

Are you insinuating that Goblit choose to heal over tank for selfish reasons (she wanted to raid) versus out of the fact the guild needed healers when Mordos was trying to get the raiding together?

lol. not at all. i don't insinuate. i'm just saying that people should play what they want to play (it is a game). if people decide to "sacrifice" to play something else that is great , but it should be by choice. I was just trying to say that no one forces anyone to play the spec they play. You can say no if asked and that should not be construed as selfish if you say "no" or "yes" or "maybe next week".

If we don't have enough players of the right type for raiding then.... so be it.. we don't. no big deal. it's a game.

and .... dual-specs is going to alleviate most of this silliness. or maybe not.

i can dream. :D

I think dual specs will muddle it up more:p then people will be wanting to gear up both specs, and the way it seems everything goes what is stopping someone from declaring their main spec Prot one week, Holy the next, rinse repeat? Or is there something to deter them from doing such like a 2 week wait to raid after changing mains or main specs?

yeah there is a 2 week waiting period... its somewere on the forums... im not really sure on the details cause i never plan on changing mains haha

I read the Raiding policy and it is not listed, there is also still "Raider Rank" mentioned in there, I thought they were doing away with that? There is probably new updated policies hidden on officers forums they dont want us seeing hehe.

I read the Raiding policy and it is not listed, there is also still "Raider Rank" mentioned in there, I thought they were doing away with that? There is probably new updated policies hidden on officers forums they dont want us seeing hehe.

That's cause we are working on some things still

How about a rough draft? heh, It always seems like the officers are the only ones that know the rules which kinda means they can make things up as they go:p The "Raiding policy" still has links to redeemedonstonemaul.org, thats been awhile!

Raider rank isn't being used

Raiding is open to anybody who wants to raid

Nobody has preference to get into a raid with the exception of the RL and their assistant (who ever that may be, if there is one). All spots are /rolled in by the Raid leader from the wl add list.

Loot is:
Highest dkp gets the loot

Main spec over alt spec

Everybody is limited to one item for their main spec, alt spec only has a chance if no main specs want an item. You can get as many for your alt specs as you have more dkp then others who are looking to get for their offspec BUT often the raid leader will ensure loot goes evenly so that one person doesn't walk out with 15 pieces and others one or none. So if you already have a main spec piece and an off spec piece, don't expect to get another offspec piece until everybody else has had a chance to get an offspec piece unless nobody wants that specific item. And it has been working well, everybody in the guild that has raided that has faced the fork in the road of "should I take it or pass because I got something already and the other person hasn't" has passed

I think that is basically the rough draft. I know RL and GL's are trying to figure out what to do about raider rank. I gave my input as being change it to main and alts as it doesn't give a perception of another class with in the guild but it is up to the leaders to deal with it as they please.

Last edited:
Hey Goblit, how does it feel knowing you wanted Chalice to be a tank (even collecting a full tanking set at the expense of your own dkp) but had to spec healing for raid viability and now every pally who wants to tank can come right in and tank.

The system blows chunks and I'm calling it out.

I'm thinking, Grims main should be holy and then off prot so that the pally's that wanted to tank but made sacrifices for the guild get first go at it. And then you become the pally tank in waiting.

Ok, well one thing I just want to throw out there.... I am switching mains from a tank to a tank. Regardless of which one it was, it was still a tank. If it was decided that my paladin HAD to be holy if he was going to be my main... then he wouldn't be my main. Sorry, but raid healing as a main spec is just not something I have ever been interested in doing. If I get a holy offset and am required to help with healing at some point in order to make a raid work, I am willing to do that. I am just not a main healer. As Lloren said, this is a game after all, and you should play for fun.

now every pally who wants to tank can come right in and tank.

Bottom line is this: My primary function is not as a paladin, it is as a tank. I am not some random paladin who hit 80 and wants to tank, I am a tank who has been 80 and wants to tank differently than I did before. It shouldn't be a problem that I am continuing to fill the exact same spot in the raid that I always have been.

Apparently there isnt any waiting period so feel free to change mains as often as you want with no worries:p

Back