Yogg-Sarron Challengers

Berstromme

So to the folks who have been tilting at Yogg-Sarron thank you for the hard work and effort. I know it has been expensive, but a lot of fun at the same time. I REALLY want to get him taken down. I know there is new content with better gear out there (and the content is easier). Need to know what you all want to do. I'm happy to keep going after Yogg-Sarron, or we could switch to ToC 10 man. Some of us already run with our current toons with Bob on Friday nights, some of us have alts. If we could put together another viable 10 man group for ToC 10 man I'd be happy to do so.

I think I'd like to try Yogg-Sarron on Sunday nights, and ToC 10 man on Mondays after FL. (unless we can throw together 25 guildies who want to raid Ulduar on Mondays)

I'd have Gnimish available to dps ToC 10 man as Berstromme is commited to Bob's Friday run. Let me know what you all think...

Personally, I'm also connected to Bob's TOC10.

Ulduar still holds interest for me. Yogg does too, but I'd like to run through Ulduar a number of times before spending three weeks on Yogg again.
I'd be up for doing Ulduar clears up to Yogg and then Sarth +3 or something of the sort for a number of weeks. Yogg seems to want everyone to be at their most uber level of gear and skill at all times. Sarth +3 needs a lot of gear too, but, despite the added complexity of three drakes, it's probably still more forgiving.

If we're looking at leaving Ulduar, maybe we should put a bunch of effort into Ulduar 25 -- gearing and training folks for fights other than just Flame Leviathan.

Anyhow, that's my two cents. As always, I will do what you decide, Mike.

*shrug*

I would love a couple more runs of ULD10 before going for Yoggy again, but as above...I will do what you decide.

Personally i wouldn't mind if we switched to TOC for a bit, i run my druid with Bobs group on Friday but could bring my shaman etc. I would like to get Yogg down one day, just we have worked on him for so long, its been tiring :) Maybe kinda like what you suggested, TOC one day and uldaur the next, or better yet TOC day one, Grand TOC the next :)

we need to get all the toons cleared in toc to do grande I will be saving rhys for this run once we know when, haveo is booked with a sga run as of right now we are doing toc but will bre moving to tocg

only problem for me with doing ToC on Sunday or Monday is I run my pally with Bob. I could bring my mage but that would be only for ToC for the time being. Everywhere else we go I would want to bring Beaten.

TotGCrusader

Hey Everyone,

I'm all for running Trial of the Grand Crusader, but we really don't have regular TotC on farm yet. I believe we should really be cranking out TotC in under an hour first before we even attempt a wipefest in TotGC...

Just my two coppers. :D

Just did Beasts in ToGC 10 last night. For a healer, I would say that the toughest part is Gormok, the first boss. The two tanks are taking an incredible amount of damage, and it can be a challenge to keep up with.

The fight is definitely a DPS and awareness check. Each set of beasts comes out on a strict timer, and having the next mobs show up while you're still working on the previous does not make for happy times. Your raid has to really be on the lookout for death: The firebombs that Gormok throws apply a DoT to anyone standing in them after 1 second, and your healers are already going to have a lot on their hands with the increased damage to the tanks, so people need to move out of the fires instantly.

On Icehowl, you have no run speed buff after Massive Crash, so it is very important that the raid positions such that members are not going to get knocked into doorways or next to pillars. The enrage can still be tranq'd.

You definitely need high average dps and people with good situational awareness and reactions.

Both my Priest, well mainly my priest needs gear from Ulduar, He is spec'd Holy. As for my Hunter, I can bring him if DPS is needed. I am sure there is gear he would like to get to replace the secondary equiptment. <And yes if there is somebody going to use it as there main spec, I WILL PASS on it.> That's all.

-Kahless-

You definitely need high average dps and people with good situational awareness and reactions.

That is exactly it, even as DPS you really have to know what’s going on and respond in a timely manner.

From a DPS view -
Northend Beasts -On Gormok you have to get on the little kobolds fast and get them down ASAP, the fire can kill you fast so you have to always watch for the fire and move out of it fast. With the worms you just need to get the poison off yourself fast, it hurts a lot more, and stay out of the ae poison thing the one worm does. Icehowl doesn't seem to much worse, just got to watch where he is charging and make sure you don't get hit, even without the speed boast you should be able too see where he’s going and get out of it in time.

Lord Jaraxxus - is fun but tough, you really need to switch your dps fast, so when the nether portal comes up you have to dps it down fast, on heroic it will keep spawning Mistresses of Pain, so you don't get it down fast you will get two Mistresses of pain and that will pretty much be a wipe. When I have done it successfully we even had the tank switch to dps the portal fast. When he summons the volcano you need to dps that down fast as well (same thing, on heroic it will keep spawning infernos until you kill it)and then switch to the infernos dpsing them down one at a time fast (focus fire), rinse and repeat :)

Fraction champs - Only time i have done this successfully on heroic they had the priest and the pally for healers. We dpsed down the priest first then the pally, they are a lot smarter on heroic and they hurt more, I was insta-gibbed by the shaman/rogue a few times. So same strategy as regular seems to work, just gotta do lots of cleansing and making sure that as dps you cc what you can while still making sure your maximizing your dps on the assigned target.

The twins - Only tried this fight once, it really didn't seem to bad, same as usual, watch what’s going on, the orbs hurt for a lot more so you have to watch out for them (opposite color=bad) and you need to make sure you are by other people with the same buff as there is a debuff that will cause you to do pretty bad damage to each other if your close and each have a different buff then the other person (Light or shadow), think positive and negative like Mech was.

and that’s all I have seen on heroic :)

Did some reading on Anub heroic. You can expect to see:
- Only 6 Frozen Orbs available.
- Twice as many Burrowers.
- Burrowers continue spawning in Phase 3.
- Burrowers occasionally using something called Shadow Strike, which does a massive amount of shadow damage, interruptable.
- Scarabs ignoring your taunts and insults.
- Leeching Swarm draining twice as much health.

Oh goodie!

I will have rhys open for Mike's seocnd run we cna do tocr then go to grande if we have time but each each it be nice to do 1 then the other after, get toc reg to 1hr would be best the best and the champs are the worest on grande.

one thing I will say no matter what on reg or heroic, it is nice to have a n arcane mage fwiththe slow talent since you can it up on the healers and they do stop dispelling it so it workks great allows the tank to hit the flash heals and stop them

Back