Why are so many people against D&D?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kidan @ July 29 2004,2:02)]a pentagram, is an inverted 5-point star (central point down) wrapped in a circle.
Often it will be super-imposed with a goat's head.

It's another satanic warping of a Christian symbol, in the same way that an upside down cross is.
Your definition is a bit off.

According to Merriam Webster, a pentagram is:

a figure of a 5-pointed star usually made with alternate points connected by a continuous line and used as a magic or occult symbol

It is when it is inverted that it takes on satanic overtones, and only rarely will you find it super-imposed with a goat's head.

And for those of you that are interested in MMORPG's, an Official D&D game is in the works, I believe Turbine is putting it out.

And although is has been and is used by occultists, it's not an occult symbol in and of itself. It's far older than that.

I think it's suffered the same fate as the swastika. It was once a symbol of good, but it has been perverted in such a way that we see it now as being irrecoverably evil.

well the nazi swastica was inverted. And if u look at the history created around the swastica and aryians it makes no sence.
Like the SS headquarters had themed rooms. Like a holy grail room, and a King Arthur room. They had a round table. Himmler thought he was the reincarnation of a old german (I think) king.
The swastica represents the sun I think.
People like to take symbols from history and use it for their own personal agenda. And depending on how everyone else looks at the person, the symbol's meaning changes. Its pretty messed up.

The Nazis were freaks, but they did manage to set up a secret base on the moon.

Seriously.

It's true. I read it on the internet.
smile.gif

In all seriousness though, I'm a bit dishearted when people start bashing the Germans in WWII. Not every soldier was a Nazi. Not everyone in the Werhmacht was a Nazi. Not everyone in the Luftwaffe was a Nazi. I never really thought about it until I read a book on Erich Hartmann, a pilot in the Luftwaffe. He is the greatest fighter pilot of all time, having twice as many kills as the Red Baron in WWI. He was not a Nazi, just a man fighting for his country. At the age of 20 he was captured by the Russians and spent the next 10 years in jail. All the while his wife waited for him. Very good story.

yeah I don't like it when all german soldiers were called Nazis. Most of them had a choice, fight, die, or concentration camp. If u were a german which one would u pick.

A great movie watched was SS: A portrait of Evil. It was about a guy who joined the SS because he wanted to make changes from the inside. Bt soon had to make choices that wern't moral.
I was watching the travel show and they were at a jewish concentration camp. And it took 20 min to gas the 200 jews in the chamber to death. And it would take 20 hours to get them out of the chamber and operate on them(taking any gold teeth out and tatoos). The tatoo part scared me, the wife of one of the ss officers used to ask to get the skin with any tatoos on, and she used to stitch them together to make lampshades. One of the sickest things I've ever heard off.
And the thing is these people just fell in to all the false propoganda of the Jews being a lower class of citizens that are taking our jobs and money. I know to many Nazi stories and they all give me nightmares.
But there is a difference between a "Nazi" and a german soldier. Lots of these soldiers fought in WW1, and they knew about respect and the Geneva convention. Its the SS,and the doctors that liked to do their experiments that I think were the only Nazis in WW2. I don't think any german soldier experimented on kids the germans thought were mentally challenged. Running experiments on them like dogs, then disecting them up.

Ok I'm going to stop ranting and go back to sleep for 2 hours.

As a side note, Hitler murdered 20 million people.  If you think that's bad enough, Stalin, one of our allies (for the USSR [Soviet Union]), killed twice as many!

The 20 million number is a myth. Today the figure hovers around 1 million.

For example, the total number of Jews killed in Auschwitz alone was over 8 million in 1945. In 1991 that figure was 73,000 based upon wartime German concentration camp records captured by the Russians.

Either way, any number was unacceptable.

And yes, the Russians were just as barbaric, if not moreso, than the Germans.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drelin @ Aug. 24 2004,1:30)]Source for those figures, Dark Virtue?
The actual figure is 73,137 and was printed by The New York Times on March 3, 1991. Keep in mind, as I stated above, this number only concerns those killed at Auschwitz.

Sry Dark got to disagree on this one, quotes straight from the Auschwitz memorial and museum website

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]II. AUSCHWITZ - THE EXTERMINATION CENTER

Beginning in 1942, Auschwitz began to function in another way. It became the center of the mass destruction of the European Jews. The Nazis marked all the Jews living in Europe for total extermination, regardless of their age, sex, occupation, citizenship, or political views. They died only because they were Jews. After the selections conducted on the railroad platform, or ramp, newly arrived persons classified by the SS physicians as unfit for labor were sent to the gas chambers: the ill, the elderly, pregnant women, children. In most cases, 70-75% of each transport was sent to immediate death. These people were not entered in the camp records; that is, they received no serial numbers and were not registered. This is why it is possible only to estimate the total number of victims.

Historians estimate that among the people sent to Auschwitz there were at least 1,100,000 Jews from all the countries of occupied Europe, over 140,000 Poles (mostly political prisoners), approximately 20,000 Gypsies from several European countries, over 10,000 Soviet prisoners of war, and over ten thousand prisoners of other nationalities. The majority of the Jewish deportees died in the gas chambers immediately after arrival.

III. THE NUMBER OF VICTIMS

The overall number of victims of Auschwitz in the years 1940-1945 is estimated at between 1,100,000 and 1,500,000 people. The majority of them, and above all the mass transports of Jews who arrived beginning in 1942, died in the gas chambers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Immediately after disembarking from the train, the Jews had to form two columns: women and children in one, and men in the other. SS physicians and male nurses then conducted a selection on the ramp. They divided the strong and healthy from the elderly, the ill, pregnant women, and children. Those classified as fit for work were placed in the camp. The others, usually 70-75% of the transport, were sent to their death in the gas chambers.

Back