Who am I in Christ?

CCGR

I am accepted...
John 1:12 I am God's child.
John 15:15 As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1 I have been justified.
1 Corinthians 6:17 I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 I have been bought with a price and I belong to God.
1 Corinthians 12:27 I am a member of Christ's body.
Ephesians 1:3-8 I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child.
Colossians 1:13-14 I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.
Colossians 2:9-10 I am complete in Christ.
Hebrews 4:14-16 I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ.

I am secure...
Romans 8:1-2 I am free from condemnation.
Romans 8:28 I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances.
Romans 8:31-39 I am free from any condemnation brought against me and I cannot be separated from the love of God.
2 Corinthians 1:21-22 I have been established, anointed and sealed by God.
Colossians 3:1-4 I am hidden with Christ in God.
Philippians 1:6 I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me.
Philippians 3:20 I am a citizen of heaven.
2 Timothy 1:7 I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind.
1 John 5:18 I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me.

I am significant...
John 15:5 I am a branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life.
John 15:16 I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
1 Corinthians 3:16 I am God's temple.
2 Corinthians 5:17-21 I am a minister of reconciliation for God.
Ephesians 2:6 I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm.
Ephesians 2:10 I am God's workmanship.
Ephesians 3:12 I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Dear CCGR,

Most of your consolations come from Paul. On the face of it, we can see this as the very reason Paul was so immensely popular -- he could tell people what they would wanted to hear.

CCGR, maybe you should follow up with verses from the Gospels detailing the duties and obigations of a Christian. You might go over the Sermon of the Mount and itemize the instances where Our Lord expects us not only to obey the Law but to go beyond the Law. That we are expected to take Baptism and the Sacrament of the Body and the Blood if we are to expect Eternal Life. That we are enjoined to "pick up out Crosses and follow Him", and that Our Lord will hold as an overriding measure in his Criteria for Judgment, our Charity (that we would treat the lowest as we would treat Him).

Also, you might point out the uncertainty of Paul's assurances. Christ said that many would come saying that they had every Faith in His Name, but that He will tell them that "He knows them NOT!". John has said that even the Demons have Faith that Jesus is the Christ, but that does not Save them. Was it James or John that said "Faith without works is Dead"?

Now, Prots have a strange way of looking at the Bible which follows a Doctrine not specifically stated in the Bible itself -- it is that every word in the Bible is equal to every other word. Without such a Doctrine in place it would be more in keeping with Common Sense to treat the Words of Christ as from coming of God; then to treat the Words of the Apostles as the Words of those who were hand picked of Christ and trained under him for years to desseminate His Message; and to treat the Words of Paul as a Murderer who spreads a Doctrine contrary to that which was taught by Christ, and who, in the Book of Acts is reported to have done exactly that -- to preach His own Doctrines. I can't really see, in that light, how the Words of Paul could then carry any Real Consolation. Words are only as credible as the man delivering them.

Here I modified it for you

I am accepted...

I am significant...
John 15:5 I am a branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life.

I am secure...

If Paul only said what he wanted us to hear then he should have neglected to tell us of his beatings and imprisonment. Not to mention his dark past persecuting Christians. This is the guy who would sing in imprisonment, he tended to look to the future not his present condition.

Christianity is not a 1.2.3 step proccess, it's a commitment. Yes you will be persecuted for your beliefs and just because your a Christian does not mean bad things won't happen to you. We learn and grow from tough experiences.

It was James

Jam 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Jam 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Jam 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

How does Paul contradict Christ? The letters of Paul are encouraging others who founded churches in Christ's name not Paul's.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ Oct. 28 2003,6:35)]Here I modified it for you

I am accepted...

I am significant...

I am secure...

If Paul only said what he wanted us to hear then he should have neglected to tell us of his beatings and imprisonment.  Not to mention his dark past persecuting Christians.  This is the guy who would sing in imprisonment, he tended to look to the future not his present condition.

Christianity is not a 1.2.3 step proccess, it's a commitment.  Yes you will be persecuted for your beliefs and just because your a Christian does not mean bad things won't happen to you.   We learn and grow from tough experiences.  

It was James

Jam 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Jam 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Jam 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

How does Paul contradict Christ?  The letters of Paul are encouraging others who founded churches in Christ's name not Paul's.
Paul simply brags too much to be believed. Look at the Book of Acts -- doesn't it itemize the Career of Paul? Where are all these beatings and arrests? And then in his letters, we have Paul denying that he is a liar and an embezzler every other page. I would no more believe Paul than any other Tent Revival Preacher who was out to make money with his mouth.

I like James 2:20. The "Vain Man" James spoke of was Paul.

HOW DOES PAUL CONTRADICT CHRIST?! You must be kidding! Protestant Doctrine could not exist without Paul. Even Catholicism is polluted by it. There was not supposed to be Two Churches -- the Paul's Church of Gentiles and Peter's Church of the Circumcized was the end result of a Civil War which Paul apparently won. Paul had defeated the Original Apostles! Christ NOWHERE talks about Salvation by Faith Alone. Christ NOWHERE renounces Jewish Law and Tradition -- He says that until the End of Time not a Jot of the Law will Disappear -- does this sound like somebody who wanted a Church of Gentiles set up agains the Church of the Circumcized?

Christ had asked His Apostles to take the Gospel to the World, but it was so that the World would be invited into the Jewish Feast. Christ had told the Lady of Samaria that the Food meant for the Children of God would not be thrown to the Dogs -- to the Gentiles. If the Gospel was to be given to the Gentiles, then it would require their Conversion -- not just to Christianity, but to the New Judaism.

We have a model for this in the Conversion at Pentacost. There were 3000 people from all over the Empire in Jerusalem at the time of the Pentacost, who Converted. They did not "Convert" to any Paulian Gentile Church. The Converted into the Church of Jerusalem which still respected All of the Jewish Law and Tradition -- of course with the added Sacraments which Christ the Jewish Messiah had Established.

There is also the Unique Paulian Doctrines of Predestination (the abdication of all moral responsibility since God's Omnipotence, in the Greek Model of Divinity, precludes any 'freedom' of choice in the individual) which you can't find in Christ. The Doctrine of State Supremacy over the Church which is a polar opposite of Christ's Doctrines of THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. Paul places the Emperor over the King of Kings.

Really, just think about it a second. If Paul did not create a separate Doctrine, then why would you ever need to quote him? It would only make sense to base Doctrines on direct quotes of Christ. But that can't be done. It is Paul, Paul, Paul and more Paul.

Paul only uses the Name of Christ in order to coopt it. Read the Gospel -- Jesus Prophecizes that False Teachers woud prophecize in His Name, and that on the Day of Judgement He will say " I knew thee NOT". Now, all you Prots, seem to think that in all of History no False Teacher has every gotten through your vigilant screening. But read the Book of the Acts -- Luke documents the first Schism of the Church. Now you actually have to read with discernment, because Paul Won and everyone else lost -- so this is a case where the Winner writes the History. The great thing about the Dead Sea Scrolls is that we see the Anti-Paul Literature. Paul becomes not the Great Apostle but "The Great Liar".

Now, every Christian needs to make the decision -- do we continue to allow Paul his Victory over Christ and the Church of the Pentacost? I would hope we could finally smack down the Pretender.

Paul was working against Christ and given an order from Christ and he followed it. He brought the message to the gentiles. With out it there would be more lost people out there that it's not even funny. Out of curiosity I notice many popes have Paul in their name...is this the same Paul you despise?

in the meantime I'll have to look through Pauls letters to see how humble he was and provide examples, got to get ready for work.

What are your thoughts on King David? He was Godly, yet bloodthirsty and an adulterer. Many of the OT has references of him and his songs are the majority in the Psalms. You like him?

Ok here Paul is saying how he can brag, but we shouldn't and he doesn't, he is stating his past which is esteemed highly to people at the time but he now considers it rubbish

Phillippians 3:4-12 "We don't brag about what we have done, 4although I could. Others may brag about themselves, but I have more reason to brag than anyone else. 5I was circumcised when I was eight days old and I am from the nation of Israel and the tribe of Benjamin. I am a true Hebrew. As a Pharisee, I strictly obeyed the Law of Moses. 6And I was so eager that I even made trouble for the church. I did everything the Law demands in order to please God.
7But Christ has shown me that what I once thought was valuable is worthless. 8Nothing is as wonderful as knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have given up everything else and count it all as garbage. All I want is Christ 9and to know that I belong to him. I could not make myself acceptable to God by obeying the Law of Moses. God accepted me simply because of my faith in Christ. 10All I want is to know Christ and the power that raised him to life. I want to suffer and die as he did, 11so that somehow I also may be raised to life.12I have not yet reached my goal, and I am not perfect. But Christ has taken hold of me. So I keep on running and struggling to take hold of the prize."

2 Corinthians 12:30-31
30If I have to brag, I will brag about how weak I am. 31God, the Father of our Lord Jesus, knows I am not lying. And God is to be praised for ever!"

I'm sorry but Paul is clearly prasiing God here not himself

Dear Mr. Leo,

You see animate in debating the Christian belief, especially when it comes to the writings of Paul/Saul. Now I do admit that I have not read all of your past postings, so forgive me if I bring up something that you have already addressed. But I wanted to bring to you my knowledge and question some things you said so that an understanding can be found.

First of all, I believe you liken Paul to that of a false apostle in one of your other posts. I have wondered what biblical evidence you have to discredit Paul? Jesus tells us that Satan divided against himself cannot stand. And all I've seen the letters of Paul do is teach Christ Crucified for sins. As far as I've seen, Paul teaches the gospel of Jesus, that salvation is through Christ, for it does say in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." Is not Paul agreeing with this when he says, "If you confess with your mouth 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him fromthe dead, you will be saved." If Paul was a false voice from the devil, then he would not be teaching what Christ taught because the devil divided against himself cannot stand.

Yes. Paul was a murderer. And even he said in 1 Timothy 1:15, "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners–of whom I am the worst." And this seems to match Jesus's teachings who said in Matthew 9 : 12-13 "On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
You said, "the very reason Paul was so immensely popular -- he could tell people what they wanted to hear." But so far, all I've seen Paul do is share and correlate the gospel of Christ, and spread around the teachings and truths that Christ and his disciples did.

The Sermon of the Mount. Isn't that from Matthew 5 : 1 - Matthew 7 : 29? You said, "You might go over the Sermon of the Mount and itemize the instances where Our Lord expects us not only to obey the Law but to go beyond the Law. That we are expected to take Baptism and the Sacrament of the Body and the Blood if we are to expect Eternal Life." But I didn't see anything about baptism or the sacraments as requirements for Eternal Life. Jesus said, "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill." And we as Christians believe and accept that. Jesus said, "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven" Is this saying that even those who break commandments are going to be in heaven? But Jesus also said, "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven"

Here is what I understand the gospel of Christ to be. In the old testament, whenever the Israelites sinned, they had to attone for those sins by sacrifice so that they could be considered 'clean' again. Jesus gave us a guideline to live righteous lives, and He said that righteousness is what gets us into heaven. But can we be righteous enough? Can we live so righteous a life that no sin ever enters our mind or our heart at any time? Have you ever taken or 'borrowed' something that was not yours and without permission? Have you ever thought lustfully at the opposite sex, even as a teen or youth? Have you ever said even a small lie? Ever saw something a friend or neighbor (or even enemy) had and you desired to possess it? We have all sinned and broken the commandments in our lives. You notice that Jesus was brought to the cross and killed? You notice how Jesus is considered the Lamb of God, the sacrificial Lamb of God? It would seem that Jesus was the sacrifice that attoned for our sins so that we could live out righteousness in mercy, not in sacrifice. Even Jesus said, "I desire mercy, not sacrifice"

This is the gospel that I understand according to teachings of Christ and of his disciples in Acts. If you do find fault, please correct me scripturally.

It was James who said, "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead" Where he also says, "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?"

As a Christian, I do not refute this, but agree. If a man claims to have faith, but has no deeds to show for it, then is it real faith at all? Jesus says, "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." Truth faith produces the fruit of action, action performed by the heart. If one claims to have faith, but has no fruit to prove it, then that faith can be called into question. I do not think the scripture is saying you are saved by works, but that your faith cannot be real faith if there is no works. Who will work on studying the laws of aerodynamics if they do not have faith that it will work? Who will jump off a sinking ship into a lifesaving raft if they do not have faith that the raft will save them? In the same way that works is proof of faith, works without faith is also dead. Wouldn't that seem to be true? Faith without the proof of works is dead, and works without faith is dead. They go hand in hand is what it sounds like, whereas the key factor is faith. You cannot do the works if you do not have the faith, and if you have the faith, then works are produced. So it sounds like it is faith that is the saving portion, not the works. Again, as Jesus said, "Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!" So salvation cannot be through works it seems.

"it is that every word in the Bible is equal to every other word" Where did you get this from? I am curious because I have never heard of this expression, nor of its implied meaning. I'm curious to hear their explaination behind this because words are nothing but vessels that attempt to convey the meaning of the message.

"the Words of Paul as a Murderer who spreads a Doctrine contrary to that which was taught by Christ, and who, in the Book of Acts is reported to have done exactly that -- to preach His own Doctrines."

Paul was a murderer, this is true and he confessed it. But which words of Paul are you speaking of that contract the words taught by Christ? And where in Acts is reported to have done this?

"HOW DOES PAUL CONTRADICT CHRIST?! You must be kidding! Protestant Doctrine could not exist without Paul. "

Even if we did not have Paul's writings to include in the bible, Christ's sacrifice does not change. Christ still teaches agape love as did his apostles. As far as I know, the center of the Protestant belief is Jesus Christ, not Paul. Yes, we see Paul's teachings to parallel Christ's and His disciples, plus, when Paul teaches, he doesn't just speak, but also uses examples and scriptures to back up what he is saying. Didn't Jesus do the same? Yes, even Satan knows the scripture, but Satan doesn't try to point people to Christ. Paul does.

"Christ NOWHERE talks about Salvation by Faith Alone. Christ NOWHERE renounces Jewish Law and Tradition " For God so loved the world that He gave is only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. Whosoever believes, not whosoever works. The criminal who was crucified with Christ knew of his sins and knew he deserved his fate. Yet he rebuked the other criminal claiming that Christ had done nothing and then confessed to Christ his belief that He was going to His heavenly kingdom. By his words alone, Christ declared the criminal heavenbound. Cornelius was a "devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly" Yet despite his righteousness, an angel appeared before him telling him to 'Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter. He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved" (Acts 11:13-14) And the message that Peter gave was this, "He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name" (Acts 10 : 42 - 43) So it is not just Paul who speaks of salvation by faith, but it is found elsewhere in the new testament. And we do not renounce Jewish Law, but Jesus said this, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." So we are not dismissing the law, but we are living the law according to these two commands as best as we are able.

"If the Gospel was to be given to the Gentiles, then it would require their Conversion -- not just to Christianity, but to the New Judaism"
"Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right." And it says in Colossians 3:11 "Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all. " I see no contradictions here.

"There is also the Unique Paulian Doctrines of Predestination"

In regards to Predestination, I have determined this:
Where does God draw the line between predestination and free choice? How is it that we live by a measurable counter called time yet God is past, present, and future? Are there 3 Gods, or only one? What exactly is hell and what will we do in heaven? These are questions that have been answered by many people in many different ways. And as Icthus so truthfully put it, such questions have sometimes driven an axe between Christians. The bible only gives us vague answers and hints as to what is really going on in God's realm, but I like to think of it like this: Can an ant be an auto mechanic? Can a person actually tell an ant to go to a car and troubleshoot for the problem, and diagnose what tool and parts are needed to fix that problem? Of course not. An ant cannot understand human language nor can it understand the machine. All it knows is how to get food and defend its territory. In the same way, our minds are also very limited and cannot even picture, much less understand, the multi-dimensional realm that defines God. God and the God head, anti-time, spiritual heaven, even predestination are concepts that are literally beyond our understanding, and as such, it would be futile to try and seek out the exact answer. The bible supports one God, and the bible supports three. Knowing it to be a realm more broad than our own, we accept this as truth, even though it seems contradictary. The bible supports predestination, and the bible supports free choice. In the same way, we must accept that both are true, but maybe not in the exact definitions we know them to be. Remember, we are trying to put Earthly concepts to heavenly ones, and they're not going to exactly match up. So when it comes to the deep mysteries of the bible, as well as the mind of God, I confidently tell people, "I don't know, but whatever it is, I trust in God."

"If Paul did not create a separate Doctrine, then why would you ever need to quote him?"
Please give specific scriptures of Paul and of Christ that directly conflict.

"Jesus Prophecizes that False Teachers woud prophecize in His Name"
Jesus said, "You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life." From all that I've read from Paul, isn't he trying to get people to go to Christ? I understand we must be cautious of false teachers, and the best way to detect them is to test their fruits, and to test their doctrine against the gospel of Christ. Is this a good way of detecting false teachers? Yet when I try these things with Paul, I see a flawed man who teaches Christ to the European churches. I see no falsehood in that.

"Now, every Christian needs to make the decision -- do we continue to allow Paul his Victory over Christ and the Church of the Pentacost?" Paul's original intent was to destroy Christ, this I will admit. But he repented and he sought to spread Christ. I do not see Paul trying to override Christ in any way, but to be a witness for Christ so that others may hear the good news.

Just some questions and some thoughts.

i suppose CCRG in your post number 2128 you accidentially omited the word "not" after "Paul was..."
And concerning the use of the word "significant", that is actually a mild use of what you are.
Here is closer to the TRUTHE, you are A UNIQUE PART OF THE BODY OF CHRIST JESUS, AND AS SUCH are SPECIAL!
i do not think it necessary to Capitalize the word "i" when referring to one's self.
i do think it necessary to always refer to Jesus in all things with a capital first letter.
Now then your obvious stumbling block is the use of the phrase: i am nothing.
If Paul in the Knowledge of all things:no mystery left, and he could say he is nothing0 before GOd, then i and you can do the very same. amen
And if in some future time, The Lord Jesus comes to me before all and says i am something, then SO BE IT.
But i do know fullwell the moment Lucifer thought himself something, he was cast out of Heaven.
So i am very satisfied to be nothing0.
i am nothing0.
JESUS IS THE LORD1PRAISE THE LORD1THE LORD YESHUA. AMEN

Paul was working against Christ as Saul but then Christ met up with him and he changed his tune and his name to Paul.  
smile.gif

Paul has NOT EVER WORKED AGAINST CHRIST.
The person you are referring to is Saul.
Saul died in the soul and became Paul.
Paul always spoke of those things he did as Saul in the first person, because he knew you would NOT understand he(Paul) was ALIVE! and Saul was dead!
So though you see the same physical image working FOR the LORD JESUS AS PAUL. Saul does not equal Paul.
That is why the different names. amen
Jesus by THE HOLY GHOST HAS RENAMED Saul Paul.
He was not KNOW BY BOTH NAMES.
Go reread the Acts.
Saul is used as his name until the LORD CHANGED him BY THE HOLY GHOST, and a demon was cast out within the hour. amen
And hense forth we have ONLY PAUL. AMEN
So i am correct, you have miss-used the name Paul.
Paul has NEVER WORKED AGAINST CHRIST. That one was Saul and he died in the soul.
Phase one of being BORN AGAIN.
So thou i may have know of Saul and now only see Paul, and hear Paul speak of things he did, i know he has actually said "those things i did as Saul".
Do i need to explain this more?
i can easily expound on this and as always am eager and willing.
i am nothing0.

Then we are of one mind on this.
i am nothing0.
Have you seen mrpopdrinker?
i miss his efforts.

Agreed. Saul persecuted Christ... Paul was the opposite.

Uh CCGR what version are you taking your verses from? Just wondering..

Saul was a very passionate man and loved God very very much. He thought Jesus was a false prophet and he thought that Jesus was a name that was ruining the church. Saul loved God so much that he personally waged his own war against Jesus.

Then he met Jesus, as Jesus revealed himself to Saul.

"Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"
"Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked.
"I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting"

Saul realized that the man whom he thought was a false prophet was actually the real son of God. And the bible says that:

"Saul spent several days with the disciples in Damascus. At once he began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God."

Saul preached Jesus. Paul preached Jesus. I don't fully remember the Jewish tradition, but I think when something major happens in your life, or when you are called into a greater service by God, then you change your name. Someone will have to clarify this for us.

But anyway, Saul is the same man as Paul, but he just changed his name. You are correct when you say that Saul is the old nature, a man who knew not Jesus, yet after his conversion, Paul knew and trusted in Jesus, and was a 'newborn' in Christ.

So in a sense, Saul and Paul are not the same because of the rebirth. It is like us all. Before we knew Christ, we were of this world, but after we turned our hearts towards Christ, we became a new creation within our hearts. We are still bound to our sinful flesh and our sinful desires, but we are stronger now in Christ to overcome them.

Just my 2 cents

I get the verses from blueletterbible.org which is KJV but the devosional posted I'm not sure what version those are

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Malohaut @ Oct. 30 2003,5:48)]Saul was a very passionate man and loved God very very much.  He thought Jesus was a false prophet and he thought that Jesus was a name that was ruining the church.  Saul loved God so much that he personally waged his own war against Jesus.

Then he met Jesus, as Jesus revealed himself to Saul.

"Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"
"Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked.
"I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting"

Saul realized that the man whom he thought was a false prophet was actually the real son of God.  And the bible says that:

"Saul spent several days with the disciples in Damascus. At once he began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God."

Saul preached Jesus.  Paul preached Jesus.  I don't fully remember the Jewish tradition, but I think when something major happens in your life, or when you are called into a greater service by God, then you change your name.  Someone will have to clarify this for us.  

But anyway, Saul is the same man as Paul, but he just changed his name.  You are correct when you say that Saul is the old nature, a man who knew not Jesus, yet after his conversion, Paul knew and trusted in Jesus, and was a 'newborn' in Christ.

So in a sense, Saul and Paul are not the same because of the rebirth.  It is like us all.  Before we knew Christ, we were of this world, but after we turned our hearts towards Christ, we became a new creation within our hearts.  We are still bound to our sinful flesh and our sinful desires, but we are stronger now in Christ to overcome them.

Just my 2 cents
When did Christ in the gospels ever talk about a "changing nature". Christ talked about knowing a Tree by its Fruits -- he never spoke about changing apples to oranges.

No, what you have in the Book of Acts is an indictment against Paul. Christ pushing Paul off his horse, blinding him and then accusing him of persecuting the Church is not Flattery.

Paul wanted to Destroy the Church and isn't that what he did? He nullified the Jewish Christain Church. And then, in the Reformation, he was Spiritual Leader over the death of Millions of Catholics.

The enthusiasm and energy you see in Paul ... well, read the letters -- it was all for Himself. He said Jesus Jesus Jesus enough, but follow what he would say -- he was telling the Entire Greek World that it was "Jesus speaking through Him". He wasn't preaching in the Name of Jesus -- he was stealing the Name of Jesus. he was marketing the name of Jesus.

Read Acts -- its all there. And if after reading Acts, carefully, if you still think Paul is such a Saint, then you better lock your doors at night in case a saint is out on the loose.

hmm... What about Mary Magdeline? What about Nichodemus? What about the rich man? All these people were told to change.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Pe 3:11 He must turn away from evil and do good. He must seek peace and pursue it.

Hey mpty,

The passages CCGR shared, Philippians 3:4-12 and 2 Corinthians 12:30-31 (which its actually 2 Corinthians 11:30-31) is from the Contemporary English Version.

Back