White Lion

Razilena

Why is it that no one seems to have one as a main?

Since we have a lot of healers I think that I may try one out. Would you say that they are kind of like a feral druid with a pet?

Will not being a tank or healer make me undesirable in grps?

They are actually a pretty fun class that dish out the DPS. They are one of teh last classes introduced and had some pet pathing issues early on. I tried one for a few levels and a real life buddy (who has joined the ToJ, jst won't be back for a month or so to play) played one to level 20 or 21 in Beta. He loved the class even with the broken pet at the time. I have seen them off tank as well as DPS.

They play differently than other classes. The three trees can be used to make you tank and let the pet do the DPS, let the pet hold aggro so you can DPS, or both DPS for more AoE type damage.

Trust me, you wont be undesirable in a group with one. Tons of polls on other boards show them as a low population class. Play what you like to have fun, but try one out for a few levels to see how you like it. It is an in your face class. Follow the tanks into battle and make sure one sheilds you. The two of you turn into a war machine.

I like. So, are there bonuses/negatives to either gender of each race, or is it like WoW where gender is only for appearances? I didn't know if a female White Lion would be more awesomer than a male. They show all females as the default race for elves.

Nah, gender is just aesthetic.

And I echo the comments that this is a really fun class. I plan on having one as my 'primary' alt. :)

I know that ewoks has commented a couple times on the DPS that a White Lion can do in scenarios. I got in these two tonight before I hit rank 12 (I actually dinged 12 just before the second one ended). Obviously I was significantly higher level than most of the Destro in these, but nonetheless, it just didn't feel fair. I'd run into a group of 3-4 Sorcs and DoKs, and just lay waste. Even when they focus fired me, I held up quite well. Not sure how much that would change if they were closer in level, though. If I got on a squishy 1 on 1, it was over very quickly.

Considering the glut of Warrior Priests we have and the scarcity of DPS, I may be switching my main. This class is FUN.

Last edited:
Heya guys new here. Wasn't sure where to post but I originally rolled on an ORVR server with some friends, and not much to my suprise found I didn't like it. I won't and didn't ask them to leave, so I thought I would try my hand elsewhere. With that said. I have a 17 I think (haven't been on for a few days) White Lion on the ORVR server, and with a solid group you will definitely demolish the opposing force. The lion still has some issues, but they are hardly noticeable in RVR and with good healers and tanks to support you will truly run a muck in any lake or scenario. THAT IS ALL!

man I guess only elves put up with Kaines Embrace..

woot on your WL, I am so tempted to start leveling one, but the Front calls Mirakle for now.

What about Phoenix Gate? It usually takes 15 minutes, but it is not fought at your respawn's doorstep.

Im playing WL as my main. I love the play style and the damage output. My only complaint and it remains still since Beta is the issues with pet control. I still experience issues with my pet just standing there refusing to obey attack commands, refusing to return when called off fight due to low health, ect. But other that the kitty behavior issues Im still loving it. Here is a screen of my WL dishing out 50k damage in a scenerio at lev 11, note, only outdone by a Bright Wizard who was almost TWICE my level.

Last edited:
White Lion is my main :)

Once all the pet pathing gets ironed out, i think we WL's will be a decent enough class. Not as much raw DPS as the ol Bright Wizard, but every class has strengths.

I'm having a blast with the class, and it's ranking a very close second to my engineer. Someone in a pq the other day was trying very hard to convince me how awful the class is, and I just can't see it. The pet has some issues, but once those get ironed out the class is going to be even more amazing.

I finally made a WL for myself, though I did have to get over the initial "Ugh! These elves look so bad!" reaction everyone has about them.

The pet's "problems" I was hearing about really minuscule. Mine is only level 6 or 7, but the "problems" are really nothing to be worried about. The class is still very powerful and useful in RVR.

They may lack the raw DPS of a Bright Wizard, but they have much more survivability.

Last edited:
Pet issues are better. They fixed some of the AI and ability to actually draw your pet back that was causing a lot of problems a patch or two ago.

Pounce's AOE is still broken though and drives me nuts. The 3rd level morale ability that damages two additional targets every attack for 10 seconds is pure win if you live long enough to take advantage of it. I just picked up an AOE DOT so I expect to be doing some more damage.

Back