Which game is better?

Which game is more fun to play?

• Total voters
World of Warcraft, the wonderful world where you are forced to grind hours of your time away. Where the company seems bound determined to make you play hours each day.

I like eve because it doesn't lock you into the "grind" that forces you to play hours each day to keep competitive with fellow players.

While I have not bothered to play wow much at all I can say that eve is largely about tactics. PvP is "dirty" anyone can bring whatever and it is up to opposing players to bring the best strategy to lock in and kill the opponent. There is no "I Win!" button that people can press repeatedly, you can make ships only so effective against different types of ships. You always head out with a chink in your armor, it is just a matter of keeping it as small as possible and hidden from your opponent.

Eve uses "skill training" whereas a skill takes time to learn not on XP gained but based on the characters attribute points. Skills can be learned "offline" such that people can take weeks off and not really loose any progress.

i have not actually played eve... thus my vote is a little contaminated... yet as much as i detested how many hours WoW required to grind in... it is a great game, all in all. good gameplay.

Besides, EVE Online just had a newsletter unveiling the release of a new ship. The title of if was "THE BEAST THAT ATE THE WORLD"

how cool is that??

Does EVE seriously have NO grinding? like.... seriously? an MMO without grinding?!?!? are you joking me?

Well you can grind missions for money if you want to. When I played I generally did like 3 missions per day, about 45 minutes worth then spent the rest of the time chatting and intimidating newbs with uber ships.

hmmm.... i should probably get around to trying EVE.... yeah... but that won't happen for a LONG time. haha.

The sad part is the poll is obviously sided but they only managed to beat us with a 3 vote lead when they have 20x the active users.

I don't think it's fair to have a poll on WOW vs. EVE and have everyone from the WOW forums to come down and vote while this chapter has like 2 active users.

I can't vote for either since they are different gameplays.

EVE Online is in Space time, WoW is in the Medieval times.

Besides, I am not a fan of MMORPGs.

And yes, I have played both, EVE on trial and WoW on beta.

You know what's funny....I 've run into A LOT of people in EVE...that came from WoW. And they like EVE a million times better.

SO TRY IT ALL READY!!!

I ran into the old CGA/TOJ corps' cargo container a while back... (when I had a trial account)... very weird, I was just coming out of warp and below me there was a large cargo container labeled "CGA" something or other...

...oh yeah, and in its former life, it was a bank chest in WoW...

Now is the time to try EVE...or try it again...or just re-activate your account. Last couple of guys that did are Gallente pilots....there's an office in the Essence Region (Gallante starting area) with free skill books. Soon frigates and what not.

Back