Welcome to the One Year Bible

Wh1te Out

I'd like to welcome everyone to the 2006 devotional forum. This year we are going to be reading through the One Year Bible. This unique reading plan will provide you with a reading each day from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs. By definition, at the end of one year, you'll have read through the entire Bible!

This will be run a little differently from most devotionals. Since the One Year Bible isn't a topical discussion, we the readers will have to generate our own lessons learned and conversation regarding the passages we read. The One Year Bible Blog is a daily discussion (from one person's perspective) of the readings and we will likely be tying into many of the same things on our journey. I'd also ask that you be flexible, as the way we discuss our readings may very well change and evolve with good member feedback.

Speaking of member feedback, I will be posting web links (for those that choose not to get an actual Bible) each day and once on the weekend for both Saturday and Sunday. I will do this as best I can, but I do have a schedule that can be busy like many of you, so if anyone is interested in sharing the posting duties with me, please send me a private message.

I greatly recommend you purchasing a One Year Bible if you have the means. My wife and I each got one from Amazon. She got the pink, I got the black. The Bible is small, lightweight and I can carry it almost everywhere with me in my backpack. Expect to spend about 10 minutes each day on the readings.

I hope that many of you will join us for this year's devotional read-through of our Holy Bible in a new way. We will have fun along the way, get to know each other and learn as much as we can from our Lord's Word. See you on January 1!

Back