Website and Forums

Fade

do cga pplz usually just use the CGA forums for their guilds/clans/legions/etc?

and as far as a website goes, i sorta feel the need to post how redundant they have become. most 'guild' sites are just re-skinned rubberstamped sites from guildhosting companies (albeit most offer these for free).

IMO, they feel unoriginal and aren't really needed. the info found on them is pretty useless (or already posted elsewhere, like on the game's main site) and anything of importance, could probably just be stickied in a thread on the forum.

All else could prolly be settled via IM, Vent, or in-game.

what do you guys think and how do u feel on the subject?

An plz, don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing those with hosted guildsites. i just don't wanna join the bandwagon, and feel that even an 'original' guildsite seems pretty useless. A domain, now that might be something useful, but not for a site, just a domain leading to say, these forums.

(in which case, i might even try and help for a domain once we permanently decide on a legion name and get active and going)

Last edited:
if this is a toj thing then the cga forums are used since toj has a forums rpesence here. The webiste is usually done via the toj.cc webwite..but..tal to tek about the specifics. Same for teamspeak..the cga is normally sued..but others do branch out on their own..:). YOu do need to talk to tek about these issues.

I think the point that BakMei is trying to make is that web sites are less important and forums more important than previously. It used to be that a guild's main public presence was its web site; now a guild's main public presence is its forums.

Tribe of Judah's Warhammer Online guild doesn't have a web site; toj.cc/war links directly to the Redeemed WAR forums. Other ToJ guilds do have web sites, but I would guess that the forums for any guild see much more traffic than that guild's site.

Web sites still serve a purpose, though that purpose has been diminished by forums. A web site with a clean design, concise information, and immediately available contact information can help draw new members. Forums may be the hub of activity, but web sites are still helpful.

does this mean we can still use a vent or teamspeak for guild communication? :p
Of course.

I'll go ahead and submit a request to the Christian Gamers Alliance TeamSpeak Server Operator to create a new channel for Tribe of Judah's Aion chapter. It's best to start off with channel and go from there. As the guild grows, we can add more channels (i.e. Questing, PvP, Chit Chat, etc.).

Back