Warrior Build Questions

Wh1te Out

I'm looking to create a Warrior that focuses on Axe Mastery. Monk and Ranger are two secondary professions that I will not consider. Out of the remaining three (Nec, Elementalist and Mesmer), I need to choose the most effective combination with an axe using Warrior. Help me out! :)

I love the elementalist secondary for any warrior because of Earth armor and the great protection it gives for a tank. The mesmer has some okay leeching and interrupts, but I'm not sure it is really worth skill spots - some like Illusionary Weaponry, but you don't get that until fairly late, and it's an elite. The necro has decent energy leeching abilities, although I don't like its potential quite as much.

One other note: if your axe has a fiery haft, for example, the elementalist spells can enhance the fire output of it....

Last edited:
Three possibilities, three valid builds.

I'd say of the three, Mesmer is out unless you want to do the Illusionary Weaponry build. However, it's not really "axe mastery" centered, but it could be used with an axe. For more on that, go here:

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/content/spooky-s-illusionary-warrior-id1057.php

If you go Ele, Earth magic is excellent for tanking. Ward against Elements and Armor of Earth should be a priority for you to grab as quickly as you can.

If you go Necro, try using Vampiric Gaze and Touch to drain HP, damaging your opponent and refilling your HP bar as well.

Whichever way you go is viable. All three builds are suited to the front lines, and all three will work in PvE scenarios. In PvP, W/N or W/Me would probably work a bit better because of the mobility factor.

I like the damage dealing W/E idea (air, fire, water), but the energy costs are scaring me to death.

Raknor said:
im a w/e axe wielding fire focus and it ROCKS perfect for PvE and mobbing.

What is your energy consumption like? Do you problems or is it managed pretty well? That's my biggest worry about the build.

Energy management problems can be helped by using a Zealous axe haft, but then your axe couldn't use a 'conjure element' skill...

It depends on which way you go...

well I made a W/N and they can get hp from corpses and stuff and later there is a move like life siphon but at the lowest lvl it takes at a rate of 7 for 3 seconds :D

Im a pretty big fan of the W/Mo.
three reasons:
healing.
protection.
smiting. (smiting costs usually has lower energy costs, and does double to undead).

and come on, you'd be a Paladin. just cool.

i normally use glyph of lesser energy combined with meteor shower, that leaves me with enough to use inferno cyclone axe. so yes i do use alot of energy but glyph helps decrease the req alot and overall i dont find myself running out of energy b4 all my enemies are dead :)

Back