War in the East, The End Times approach?

Approved with caution. Be careful on this topic, I would prefer for the responses to stay Biblically based.

Gen

Simple rules for this thread, lets follow them. Its already received one warning. And pssst, DV, you don't need to believe in the God of the Bible to keep your responses to the threads topic biblically based.

2000 yrs Gosh all that time to reach all for the big dinner,,, We were given signs not hours. We were told not to fear and to be ready as faithful servants...But think of this, If your eyes are on the world where are your eyes not? Oh did some one say twinkling?

Didn't someone also say, "Verily I say unto you, THIS GENERATION shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

Didn't someone also say, "Verily I say unto you, THIS GENERATION shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

According to the Scofield Reference Notes:

This generation

Greek - ajgenealovghtoß ," the primary definition of which is, "race, kind, family, stock, breed)." (So all lexicons.) That the word is used in this sense because none of "these things," i.e. the world-wide preaching of the kingdom, the great tribulation, the return of the Lord in visible glory, and the regathering of the elect, occurred at the destruction of Jerusalem by Titus, A.D. 70. The promise is, therefore, that the generation--nation, or family of Israel-- will be preserved unto "these things"; a promise wonderfully fulfilled to this day.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;174281 said:
According to the Scofield Reference Notes:

Gotta love apologetics :)

According to Strong's Concordance, the definition of generation, used in Matt 24:34 is as follows:

genea {ghen-eh-ah'}

1) fathered, birth, nativity

2) that which has been begotten, men of the same stock, a family

a) the several ranks of natural descent, the successive members of a genealogy

b) metaph. a group of men very like each other in endowments, pursuits, character

1) esp. in a bad sense, a perverse nation

3) the whole multitude of men living at the same time

4) an age (i.e. the time ordinarily occupied be each successive generation), a space of 30 - 33 years

The definition you posted was of genos, of which genea is derived.

Here's the page in case you're interested: http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/words/1/1156383165-3795.html

Also, be sure to check how the word is used in context throughout the rest of the bible.

Thanks for the site and info!!! wOOt!!! It will help in research. Now back to the meat n tators...1.2.3. fit and the generation still exists also add sum spiritual to that, which is those that have excepted never perish. So with us still here and waiting I just wonder are we maturing as children or regressing. I think the latter and with that means a end of a generation... Add that along with the clues but AHAHAHAHA No man shall know>>> So Live, Love and Love some more!!!

Thanks for the site and info!!! wOOt!!! It will help in research. Now back to the meat n tators...1.2.3. fit and the generation still exists also add sum spiritual to that, which is those that have excepted never perish. So with us still here and waiting I just wonder are we maturing as children or regressing. I think the latter and with that means a end of a generation... Add that along with the clues but AHAHAHAHA No man shall know>>> So Live, Love and Love some more!!!

Nice how you avoided the fourth definition.

As I suggested, you should read how the word is used in the rest of the bible.

I propose that the word means LITERAL generation, 30ish years, and it has been the job of apologetics to force another meaning unto the word to explain Christ's absence.

Now, you don't have to agree with me, but I would like you to admit that the possibility and probability of my explanation exists.

No admission on the possibility or probability.I see your point tho and how you interpret what is hard for you and others to except. Note Jesus had to explain some of his words and parables.. I will wait for his explanation>>>hehehe anything after 1 is add ons by webster n such, plus I fall asleep after three sheep or three definitions!!!

No admission on the possibility or probability.I see your point tho and how you interpret what is hard for you and others to except. Note Jesus had to explain some of his words and parables.. I will wait for his explanation>>>hehehe anything after 1 is add ons by webster n such, plus I fall asleep after three sheep or three definitions!!!

Your post is cute, but does nothing to fortify your position. What you have basically said is that you aren't willing to examine the evidence that I have given you because 1) you don't like it and 2) it may make you change your outlook.

Is that the attitude you would like me to have with you, or would you like me to be open to the possibility that you are right and I am wrong?

Ahahahaha listen in this world I am no part!Webster or any ol fogy that says what or how They interpret meanings of the world means just what, that their version is right! Why I say not is because of a language barrier and the meanings within that language can differ>>> A attitude means just what IS in this world hehehe and is the the norm but I am not giving a attitude(cause I love you and you help me study and Duh irritate):D its just my take on this same as you..I follow by faith and faith alone, tho I have seen miracles and the ones that are so noticed are the ones that happened to me! I stand with many and I have no fear or doubts whom I follow and I will continue such...My goal is plant just a tiny seed of "what if" in yours and any one elses heart!!! Faith is my fortification just as Jesus is my rock that its built on. I am totally open to all as Jesus is open to you!!!! Of dirt and breath you are made So do tell does the earth or breath have a ending? Also to answer your question its 1!!!!

Ahahahaha listen in this world I am no part!Webster or any ol fogy that says what or how They interpret meanings of the world means just what, that their version is right! Why I say not is because of a language barrier and the meanings within that language can differ>>> A attitude means just what IS in this world hehehe and is the the norm but I am not giving a attitude(cause I love you and you help me study and Duh irritate):D its just my take on this same as you..I follow by faith and faith alone, tho I have seen miracles and the ones that are so noticed are the ones that happened to me! I stand with many and I have no fear or doubts whom I follow and I will continue such...My goal is plant just a tiny seed of "what if" in yours and any one elses heart!!! Faith is my fortification just as Jesus is my rock that its built on. I am totally open to all as Jesus is open to you!!!! Of dirt and breath you are made So do tell does the earth or breath have a ending? Also to answer your question its 1!!!!

Eh? That was a long, rambling post that did nothing but reinforce my previous post. How can you say "it's 1" when the very first thing you admitted was that you are no Webster? This doesn't even have anything to do with secular definitions. The definitions I posted were culled from Strong's Concordance as part of the Blue Letter Bible. Maybe you shouldn't follow by "faith and faith alone". That only further serves to underscore my belief that the majority of Christians don't bother to actually do any research themselves, but instead simply follow, blindly, what they are taught by parents and their church.

USA does not hate Israel. Therefore not everybody hates Israel.

Ironically enough a few days ago my English teacher said something to the effect of "think of all the turmoil in the middle east, all that war, because"
and when she said that she literally said "everbody hates Israel"
i don't know why, but it just seems sort of... correct.
and she said something else either the day before, that day, or the day after... but i don't remember what it was... it just reminded me of this thread [i must get on here too much -.o]

Amicus Dei of [FoG];175581 said:
Ironically enough a few days ago my English teacher said something to the effect of "think of all the turmoil in the middle east, all that war, because"
and when she said that she literally said "everbody hates Israel"
i don't know why, but it just seems sort of... correct.
and she said something else either the day before, that day, or the day after... but i don't remember what it was... it just reminded me of this thread [i must get on here too much -.o]

Did she say WHY everyone hates Israel?

John 3:16 states For God so loved the world,that he gave his only begotten Son,that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,but have everlasting life. No end of a generation when your spirit never fades away>John 5:39=search the scriptures,My mama said if the shoe fits wear it so Hey I found your size>>John 8:37I know you are of Abraham's seed but you seek to kill me,because my word hath no place in you My fav color for the shoe is John 8:43 and 44Why do you not understand my speech?even because you cannot hear word. 44 You are of yourfather the devil,and the lusts of your father you will do.He was a murder from the beginning and abode not in the truth because there is no truth in him.When he speaketh a lie,he speaketh of his own:for he is a liar,and the father of it.. thrown in 45 And because I tell you the truth you believeth me notJohn 10:28= no perish Last lets use John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth:whom the world cannot receive,because it seeth him not,neither knoweth him but you know him;for he dwelleth with you,and shall be with you,, So lets change my answer to none of the above since God has our answers also he gave us a promise and fulfilled it and Now Jesus gave us a promise>Matt 13;37-43.

Zechariah 12:2-3

2 "I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. 3 On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves.

Among the massacre and murdering of innocent lives in Lebanon, hatred for the Jewish people of Israel is boiling inside the peoples of Earth. Is this when everyone will turn against them? Is this just a minor threat that we should ignore, or is this the final move? Are we approaching the End Times? This war is not God's call, it is Israel's. I believe God is letting it happen because this is when people will begin to hate Israel for some mysterious reason, therefore turning all nations against her. This might not be true, but by the way it's looking, it seems almost certain.

What do YOU think?

Israel has been through many wars throughout the years. Nothing happened after them. anyway, "3 On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her," I don't see America ditching Israel. Besides, when Jesus comes, no one will be expecting it.

Nice how you avoided the fourth definition.

As I suggested, you should read how the word is used in the rest of the bible.

I propose that the word means LITERAL generation, 30ish years, and it has been the job of apologetics to force another meaning unto the word to explain Christ's absence.

Now, you don't have to agree with me, but I would like you to admit that the possibility and probability of my explanation exists.

I agree that your explanation is possible, but I disagree.

Fair minded enough for you?

Israel has been through many wars throughout the years. Nothing happened after them. anyway, "3 On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her," I don't see America ditching Israel. Besides, when Jesus comes, no one will be expecting it.

apparently israel used some cluster bombs while bombing their enemies recently... this could be bad because the US could drop support due to slaughtering of innocents.

apparently israel used some cluster bombs while bombing their enemies recently... this could be bad because the US could drop support due to slaughtering of innocents.

Exactly! They HAVE to do something that will literally TICK everyone off because it's just downright wrong! That, or just EVERYONE will suddenly want Jerusalem, what else is new? lol.

Well, I heard someone say that us Christians have been living in the End Times for 2000 years. But reaaalllyyy look at the world and wonder. It says in the Bible that the Anti-Christ will be seen around the world by everyone. How is that possible without a TELEVISION. It was meant for a much later generation. And yes, I am one of those "NWO crazy people" as most of you people would say. The New World order is being finalized by politicians around the globe, and the one world government will be upon us one day, who will be the one ruling? Take a wild guess. *HINT* Beginning of the seven years of tribulation. Bingo.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;176528 said:
I agree that your explanation is possible, but I disagree.

Fair minded enough for you?

Perfectly!

Thank you :)

Would you mind further explaining WHY you disagree?

Back