Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Demo is OUT NOW!

blackgravity

Get it! And play!

Although, I'm still kinda :mad: that there isn't a single player one. It's not like they haven't publicized two of them at least to date!

I've got it, I'm still constantly busy with college but I'll be checking if anyone else is on it during my free time so I can join it.

Gametrailers just did a review on the game and rated it very high. The review is here though you can hear language in the game and of course read some in the ever mature (rolls eyes) comments.

Random thought: When a review is that kind to a game I tend to wonder if someone is getting payoffs but it's just a thought with no basis.

Check Metacritic for it. A LOT of payoffs if that's true. :p

/pre-ordered it

When it comes to ratings, keep in mind that almost every GTA game after GTA2 has been critically acclaimed. My point?
  1. Reviewers don't take content into consideration. Case in point: GTA3, God of War II, House of the Dead Overkill, the list goes on.
  2. Reviewers don't speak for everyone. The few GTA games I played just weren't that fun. The increase in difficult was too sharp and too sudden, the novelty of the free-roaming world wore thin, and the plot and characters seemed lazy and geared toward adolescents.
That being said, there's usually a reason a game gets perfect ratings from 14 different reviewers.

But reviewers don't even matter in this case--there's a demo. Go decide for yourself if you like it. Because no matter how much someone from IGN or Joystiq or that company that fired that one guy because he didn't like Kane & Lynch say, it all comes down to one question: Is it fun?

</rant>

Go get the demo and find out!

I frequent video based sites so I'm always checking GT to keep current and thought I might as well post a link since I just saw it. I'd read more sites but my eyes aren't that great and I prefer to spend my reading efforts on other things (like CGA :) ).

I kind of consider myself adept at knowing how a game will play simplily from seeing a video of it. Reviews always come a far second to my "Gerbil sense" :p.

Gametrailers ftw. Some really good Retrospectives (left side of the page).

I'll give the demo a shot after church. :)

Keep in mind the demo is only a multiplayer beta. Once the actual game is out, I'll probably never touch the MP.

I already have my scapegoat for any inadequacies in the game :D

I played the first Uncharted and it is one my favorite PS3 games, and I consider it must-buy for PS3 owners unless they just dislike 3rd-person shooters with gripping story and high production values.

Honestly, I am not surprised by the reviews for this sequel. I expect it to be this good. Naughty Dog is a respected, veteran development studio, and the needed improvements from the first iteration were obvious.

And as far as I am concerned, the multiplayer is just icing on the cake.

Every piece of news I read makes it harder to resist buying a PS3. (Phew, didn't think I'd be saying that a few months ago.) Then I remember that I have a ridiculously long backlog of games and I'm unemployed and suddenly it's not nearly as tempting.

That being said, if/when I get a PS3, I'll most definitely be checking out Uncharted and Uncharted 2!

That being said, if/when I get a PS3, I'll most definitely be checking out Uncharted and Uncharted 2!

And Valkyria Chronicles, and inFamous, and Little Big Planet, and and and and...

Enjoyed the demo, the treasure CTF is quite a change of pace. xD

*grins deviously while linking Uncharted 2 trailers just for Tek to see.*

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/UNCHARTED_2_Among_Thieves
Going to wait until I can actually afford a guilt-free PS3 before spending much more time learning about PS3 games.

First things first: My wife and I need to buy a washer to replace the 20+ year old machine that's giving out on us. :(

And Valkyria Chronicles, and inFamous, and Little Big Planet, and and and and...
Replace inFamous with Demon's Souls and you've hit it dead on.

inFamous is fantastic. i don't get impressed by too many games, but the attention to detail and polish on inFamous is nearly unrivaled.

inFamous is fantastic. i don't get impressed by too many games, but the attention to detail and polish on inFamous is nearly unrivaled.
It's been a long time since I've found a game I can hold interest in, but Infamous had me glued to the TV when my brother came home on leave and brought his PS3 with him.

Check your local stores, Gamestop is holding midnight releases for Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend. I'm hitting them up after work Monday night assuming I get my inventory done fast enough.

Back