uBRS 8/28 run ...

Allanon

I wanted to take this opportunity to congrat Deltara on his first kite of Drakk and a successful kite it was. Our dps was a bit insane so Deltara didn't even get to Rend's room before we told him to feign death. I also think it might have been one of our fastest runs ever so congrats to all our attendees and loot winners (can't remember the loot offhand). We also only had one priest (with great backup healing from our pally) AND no warrior - teddy tanking ftw! Thanks to John Jr. and Randy for taking on the bear form to keep the big bad guys away.

grats all, maybe i should bite the bullet next week and bring my little priest along. it would be a great opportunity to respec and give holy a try.

I'd have to admit, I was a bit scarred when I saw that we didn't have a warrior in the group at first. Our Teddy Tanks did a GREAT job the whole instance. They kept agro practically the whole time. Good job guys!

mike said:
maybe i should bite the bullet next week and bring my little priest along.

Make sure you're L58 by then. That pre-req still stands :)

Chris said:
I was a bit scarred when I saw that we didn't have a warrior in the group at first. Our Teddy Tanks did a GREAT job the whole instance.
Most people are. Pure feral druids, with similar gear, enchants, etc, are just as powerful and as good of tanks as warriors in defensive stance. Both have limitations in rage/threat generation.

There were a few times that someone would hit the mob before I got there, and it would charge past me. In those cases, I was pretty well screwed because I couldn't catch up to the mob until it was eating a clothie's face. As far as needing healing, etc - John is MUCH better geared on Neirai than I am on Herekitykity. He's also much better with threat generation. He's slowly teaching me all the tricks, but I'm sure that he's keeping little extras back so I'll never be as good as he is :)

rules are rules. guild runs have had the requirement of L58 for UBRS, L60 for ZG since we started. They've been applied to others, and it would only be fair to continue the trend.

If we were desprite for people, it might be different. But recently, we've been turning away 3-7 people a night. It's hardly fair to turn away a 60 and bring in a 56-57 character.

:) I know. But I am not to far off. Maybe a few decent runs this weekend and I will ding L58. about a third of the way there.

They kept agro practically the whole time.

Stupid Epic Hunter Bows!!!!

Randy: The trick with a teddy tank losing aggro is to NOT run toward your target, but rather back away from them. This gets them out of the min range for Feral Charge much much faster, letting you catch them much faster.

I think you actually produce aggro much faster than I do --- Crit gear is the fastest way a bear produces aggro, and I'm not wearing any anymore (other than my Abyssal Leather Leggings of Striking) because there is no decent crit leather in the BWL stages that doesn't have the word "Rogue" stamped on the requirements list. I actually had to pull out some nifty tricks to stay on top.

<<<EXCLUSIVE NIFTY TRICKS LIST>>>

1. Frenzied Regeneration: If you have a fairly firm grip on aggro already, simply pop this spell... it will generate the same amount of aggro as a top-level bandaging, +30%, plus you can still attack and use skills whilst it runs... although it is a serious rage hog, so I wouldn't suggest using it if you are fighting for control. Also, try to enrage before using it.

2. Swipe: whenever you have enough rage to keep your standard Maul Spam running and still use swipe, do it... it only generates a little aggro, but it is instant cast. Be careful about using this near CC'd mobs.

3. Growl control: Many people do not realize that Growl places you on top of the aggro list... but only on top. In other words, if you have 10000 more threat points than the next leading player, and you use Growl, you will find yourself suddenly only 1 threat point above that player... a tentative hold at best. Only growl when you need the aggro.

4. FeralSkills: Although many players dislike FeralSkills for automating their abilities, it solves the problems with Swipe and Growl quite effectively. It also has many options to tailor when it activates abilities. For example, I can tell it to only use Growl if my Target's Target is not a tank... so I'm not stealing aggro from other tanks, but I am protecting squishies.

5. Epic Hunter Bows: Give up now and go PvP with your lock.

Back