Timber and Stone

blsimpson

Not sure if anyone has seen this game or not, but I have been playing it the past couple of days, and it is actually fairly fun. I found it while looking for other "Voxel" games after a disappointing (to me) start with Cube World.

Timber and Stone is a Sandbox RTS "where the player is allowed to create any style of settlement, village, or kingdom he wishes. You start the game with a procedurally generated terrain and are given a small group of workers and resources. To survive, you’ll have to collect food and building materials. The more wealth you amass, the more likely you’ll be besieged by marauding goblin hordes or by necromancers controlling undead armies. Alter the land with large quarries or deforestation and you risk awakening the spiders and wurms that live deep underground. Or perhaps that’s your intent, to collect their scales and silk to craft powerful armor and bows?"

"Produce food, gather resources and riches, build farms and villages, even decorate the workers’ houses; but remember that it must all be protected. Siege towers, ladders, catapults, trebuchets, ballistas, drawbridges, and moats will all be available to both the player and the enemies. The benefit of a voxel based world is that all of these weapons can damage the terrain. Trebuchet fire will carve holes into the earth. Catapults will be loaded with boulders, tree stumps, and dead bodies. Fire arrows will scorch farms and burn wood buildings to the ground. Recent battles will be evident by the devastated terrain."

The game is still very early in its release, and there is a lot that isn't there, but it is updated frequently, with new stuff added regularly.

You can find it here: http://www.timberandstonegame.com

:)

just realized I could embed video into my posts. :D might help those who dont want to search for them check this game out :D

This is the very first Alpha video the dev posted.. He has other videos up, so you should check them out too.
[video=youtube;C-qJyXwJK3A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C-qJyXwJK3A[/video]

Last edited:
You know... I think I even read this thread when you posted it, but I still hadn't remembered the game when you linked to it. I'm intrigued. It may be something I'd like a lot. You definitely have my attention with procedurally generated. I'll have to give it a go at some point. :D

Its changed a lot since that video was posted. The developer has several more you can view, and there are a ton of lets play videos out there. The series I watched was pretty good, but it did have some language, which is why I didn't link it..

Im thinking about capturing some more videos of my game play. If I do, Ill make sure to link them :)

Moderator's note: Thread moved to The New Game General Forum at thread author's request.

Back