The Popes Opinion on Violence

I have neither the time noe the patience to answer you're whole post, Wishanem. But I will reply to one of the statements.

Confessing you're sins is not unBiblcal, the Roman Catholic act of Confession is.
Confession is confessing you're sins to a priest so that he may absolve you of them and assign you a penance. That is unBiblical. "There is only one mediator between God and man, the Man Christ Jesus." The priest dose not have the athourity to absolve you of you're sins or give you penance.

I was raised Roman Catholic. Do I believe everything they teach? No...big NO...Are they a cult? LOL...no (the biggest cult the world has ever known...right?) but does that make them wrong? *shrugs* who am I to judge. Confession...unbiblical?ummm.

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

a priest does have the power to pray as a righteous man for you, with you, or however. He is just stating that you will be forgiven. He tells you to do penance to get you praying instead of playing.

What he does is no different than the Baptist Minister telling you that you are saved because you confessed Jesus is your savior, or the Pentecostal Minister telling you that you are miraculously healed, etc. They are speaking faith into something that only God can do. The Priest saying you will be forgiven, now go pray is faith.

even if it was "unbiblical", it wouldn't hurt anything. The bible doesn't say to eat 3 meals a day, but we do that. SO what is wrong with confessing your sins to another man? One that can help you pray? Don't we ask for prayer all the time?

Last edited:
YAY!
Again, I agree with Ash's statement! :D

And EVEN when they "Hail Mary"..this too is even biblical.
For these are the exact words Elizabeth said to Mary when John the Baptist leaped in her tummy when in the presence of the Lord (In Mary at the time)! haha!

We aught to be praying for them, as dearly bought children of God, for they are suffering much persecution for speaking the TRUTH! And it IS truth! For has not the Muslim society even now just backed up the words of the Pope, in Christ, with all thier violent acts and murderous threats? Proving that they are a law unto themselves!

And we shall know them by thier fruit :D

To Wishanem...
even if it was "unbiblical", it wouldn't hurt anything. The bible doesn't say to eat 3 meals a day, but we do that. SO what is wrong with confessing your sins to another man? One that can help you pray? Don't we ask for prayer all the time?

Anyone actually read God's word?
Well I do and what the catholics are doing regarding the questions above is biblical.

James 5:16 says "Therefore confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effects".

What is this Ireland all over again? They are our Christian brothers if there is a problem God will deal with them like He does with each one of us.
I'm not concerned with their doctrines and are we going to love them anyless for it? NO we shouldn't!
Its no wonder war broke out in Ireland.
Mind your business and love them, let God do the changin.

Thanks for making come back on here. CYA!:mad:

Last edited:
Never judge always Love and find yourself focused on whom leads you to the Father and Yeh that be God thru Jesus the Christ! I didn't make the rules, I only follow him(Jesus) as faithfully as I can. Confession of sins is awsome but remember of to whom sins are confessed to be it to a Man or be it to God> Who delivers us from sin Man or God. Is the sister Mary (forever bless her heart) our savoir? Try any and I mean any others that have done as asked(other than Jesus) and they will fail to give you the gift of eternal life! I in no way slander for I will always admire devotionl But if aroused I will speak of Whom saved me and released of my sins! Walk a path wary of the Devils desires for he so wants company.

Back