The Occupation movement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCRnkamitVk

The love of money is root of all evil. I think that is the core of the issue. As Western Evangelicals I think we want to believe that God is for our form of government as well, but He isn't. They are all fallen in this current world. I feel we shouldn't look to the Bible to advocate our opinions (Isogesis) but rather come to the whole Bible to discover God and what He wants from us.

Last edited:
My heart is with the movement, but there is one big problem everyone is missing, the upper 1% has the means to outlast the protesters. And generally speaking, please note the word generally, government leans toward where the money is. If you want to see a small example of how our government tends to think, look at the brewing battle over issue 2 in OH. And those wishing a yes vote, allowing the union busting law to remain in place, are already beginning to fight dirty. Yes Occupy Wall Street is a great idea, focusing attention on the growing gap between the haves, and the have nots, but there is a huge amount of inertia to overcome.

*sigh* you're going to get me riled up, Ursen... I've got strong emotions about that fight :) But admittedly, the lying and cheating upset me more than what they're trying to do. In fact, when I called my rep at home (he was silly enough to post his home telephone number on his website when he was running for office.... of course every cached site still had it listed), one of the first things I told him was that I care about how he would vote on this matter, but whether dirty politics are used will influence who I vote for in the next election.

I'll be voting against my elected official in the next primary. I voted for him in the last election because he claimed to have morals (and had a pretty decent voting record). But power has corrupted him. I submit to my government...which fortunately lets us work to get rid of dirty politicians.

Back