The "Limited" Collector's Edition...*35* days till release!

XionTawa

As of today, it is 60 days before the release of the Collector's Edition of FFXIV...which releases and is playable 8 days before the release of the standard edition...WOOT!!!

Also, on an official tweet from SE, they were really vague in what they said, but it was pretty much to the fact that preorders on the Collector's Edition will end soon, and once they have met the preorder demand, no more will be made... That is why they are stressing the "Limited" on the Collector's Edition...

So if you want the CE, make sure you preorder it soon... :)

EDIT: What does the CE come with that the standard edition doesn't?
  • EARLY ACCESS – Play 8 days prior to the release of the Standard Edition
  • BEHIND-THE-SCENES DVD – Get an insider look at the making of FINAL FANTASY XIV with exclusive video content, interviews and more in this special documentary DVD
  • SECURITY TOKEN – A FINAL FANTASY XIV branded Security Token used in addition to your regular password
  • TRAVEL JOURNAL – Record your travels in this beautifully bound journal filled with pages of never-before-seen concept art
  • RIGHT OF PASSAGE – Redeem a voucher to receive your fully personalized right of passage certificate, each stamped with a unique serial number
  • BUDDY PASS – Invite a friend to play free for a limited time
  • IN-GAME ITEM - Onion Helm

Last edited:
Yikes! thanks for the update. I better get my pre-order in!

*update*
my pre-order is done :)

Last edited:
The security token is a great idea, I am glad they are bundling it with the game for the CE at least.

I don't get a security token because I'm not the one getting the CE.. :( but I guess that is ok with me as long as I get the art book... :)

They will probably offer them as a separate purchase. It is highly recommended! They usually are not much. Blizzard sells them for WoW for $6.50.

Yeah... eventually I will want one they just are not up for individual sale right now... maybe they will come up with an add-on for the ipod and I won't have to buy one... that would be neat...

Back