The Festivals in Lev. 23

Dark Virtue

As Christians, should you not follow the example of Christ and his apostles?

I'm sure, for the most part, that you do, or at the very least try.

But what about the Festivals described in Lev. 23? (Passover, Feast of Unleavened Bread, Pentecost, Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, Feast of Tabernacles, and the Last Great Day). Not to mention that Jesus kept the Sabbath.

Relevant verses are as follows:
Luke 22:15
1 Corinthians 5:6-8
Acts 2:1; 18:21; 20:16

Doesn't the NT show examples of Jesus or his followers observing these Holy Days?

I don't understand why the majority of Christians celebrate Easter and Christmas, holidays with an obvious pagan influence and origin, but not the HOLY Days set forth by God and observed by Christ.

Do you think Christ would celebrate Christmas or Easter?

Are there any HOLY Days that Christians should observe that actually have biblical support?

Thanks!

Yes we should be following the Holy days. Not the christianized pagan holidays that have become so ingrained into our society. I attend a Messianic church, and it is GREAT! We follow the Holy days that Jesus did. The Holy days all have a prophetic significance that either have been fulfilled or has yet to be fulfilled, some are both. Its hard to get out of the mainstream Christian mindset, especially when you have been raised that way, but there is always a remnant that seeks to be a true disciple of the Lord. Being a disciple is to follow and do everything that your mentor/teacher does. That is what I strive to do, and I plan on raising my children the same way.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

One of the reasons this interests me is that when I was a Christian, I celebrated these festivals and I couldn't understand why most other Christians didn't, yet embraced the pagan based Christmas and Easter.

Out of curiousity, do you celebrate those two? I've found that if a Christian celebrates the festivals, they arent as likely to celebrate Christmas and Easter.

EDIT:

ACK! I apologize. After looking at the webpage, it looks like you are of the Jewish faith, and not Christian. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

No, Im not Jewish. The congregation is made up of both, Jews and Christians. The Jews believe in Yeshua as the risen Messiah, and the Christians are seeking the roots to there faith.

Back