@TF (crappy titles FTW!)

We've got a 25 man running Sundays at 1:30pm. I think this usually has a few spots open.
There's also a couple 10 mans that run throughout the week, but in general I believe they're full (the respective leaders can correct me on this).

[7F]LarryBoy;402496 said:
We've got a 25 man running Sundays at 1:30pm. I think this usually has a few spots open.
There's also a couple 10 mans that run throughout the week, but in general I believe they're full (the respective leaders can correct me on this).

How do you plan for your raids, and recruit...through forums, chat, in-game calendar, or other 3rd party means?

As raiding is one of many things we can do, planning centers around the availability of a raid leader and their schedule first, from there interest arises from those who share that availability. As for recruiting, we do not recruit, people come to us by way of googling christian guilds (cga) and word of mouth.

The actual mechanics of scheduling is often the in-game guild calendar.

Largely, our raiding system works like so:

1. A motivated individual from inside the guild decides to start leading a raid.

2. That individual finds 9-24 other individuals from inside the guild or from one of our affiliates.

3. Those 10-25 players get together and decide what times will work for them.

4. ???

5. Profit.

But, I guess I should say, our common raid nights are Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

This does not mean that we will not accept motivated raid leaders leading on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights.

Well, I work 2nd shift M-F...and sometime Saturday...but not often... So raiding for me is good on the weekend...however, I am currently "interviewing" 4 guilds... TF, NP, CotC, and Redeemed... I have played with NP for years...but their main raiding nights are Tuesdays and Thursdays...They might be changing it with the release of CT...and this is sort of the same situation with Redeemed... And CotC has a low population...

As a member of our guild you would not be "entitled" to a raiding spot. Just because any individual wants to raid it is up to a raid leader to decide when s/he is raiding and who they want/need on their raid (class make-up etc.) The one way to "guarantee" a spot is to decide to lead a run yourself. Cata may change things with regards to who is running what, but it won't change the fact that we don't recruit :D

As a member of our guild you would not be "entitled" to a raiding spot. Just because any individual wants to raid it is up to a raid leader to decide when s/he is raiding and who they want/need on their raid (class make-up etc.) The one way to "guarantee" a spot is to decide to lead a run yourself. Cata may change things with regards to who is running what, but it won't change the fact that we don't recruit :D

We are a casual guild that has a couple of raiding groups. The size of the guild compared to the amounts of raids that are composed of TF exclusively is a very telling sign. I believe there are a couple of people that wanted a more hard core raiding approach and they have joined exterior, set groups for this but still remain in the guild due to the community we have with each other. I love raiding but am far from hard core. I just would rather not have you joining TF on a misdirected premise but realize at our base what we are.

With all that said Wend has made a very valid point above. If you are interested in starting a weekly progressive raiding group you may get enough interest to start your own group. As for the two 10 man raids that run, as far as I know they are virtually set with their groups unless they require an emergency sub. I know that when my life settles down and I'm not working out of town so much I will probably go this route; try to set up a raid group from within TF.

Back