Tek's Writing Challenge: Tek7, Month 2

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Okay, so I wrapped up my first complete writing challenge thread after 28 days. It's almost two weeks later and I haven't been as consistent with writing 100 words every day.

That's why I'm starting yet another Writing Challenge thread, this time for Month 2.

Day 1 (Sunday, June 3, 2007): Idea for a short story featuring two telepathic twins each competing to make the other laugh out loud at a wedding

Day 2 (Monday, June 4, 2007): Summary of idea for anime comedy series featuring immortal twins (brother and sister) born in ancient Japan with strange powers.

twins on the brain? :)
Actually, I was thinking of telepathy, then remember an anime series idea I had a while back involving immortal ninja twins. Speaking of which...

Day 3 (Sunday, June 5, 2007): Continued notes on Twins series
Day 4 (Sunday, June 6, 2007): Scene idea for Green Destiny (working title)

Last edited:
I slacked on Friday, June 8 and Saturday, June 9. Lo siento. :(

I plan on writing something and posting it publicly soon. Most of my recent entries are either summaries of new ideas or works that would be incomprehensible without an extensive knowledge of the context (that resides solely in my noggin).

Without further rambling, here's the latest log entries:

Day 5 (June 7, 2007) - Idea: Damaged (Short Story)
Day 6 (June 10, 2007) - Ideas: Nothing New Under the Sun; Labor Laws
Day 7 (June 11, 2007) - Tribe of Judah: Goals for 2007-2008

The job search has put a serious dent in my daily writing.

/cry

Day 8 (June 12, 2007) - Self-indulgence
Day 9 (June 13, 2007) - Kyo, Legendary Time Traveler
Day 10 (June 14, 2007) - Layover; Idea: Cutthroat
Day 11 (June 15, 2007) - Idea: Harmony
Day 12 (June 17, 2007) - Scene: Kyo, Legendary Time Traveler
Day 13 (June 20, 2007) - Things You Rarely See In Stories, Pt. II
Day 14 (June 21, 2007) - Background: Kyo, Legendary Time Traveler
Day 15 (June 23, 2007) - Scene: Abandoned; Response: Confessions of a 30-Year-Old Gamer
Day 16 (June 30, 2007) - On Pixar, Disney, and Ratatouille
Day 17 (July 1, 2007) - Scene: Kyo, Legendary Time Traveler

EDIT: Interspersed between June 23 and June 30 were a few e-mails to potential employers and a newspaper reporter, so please be kind. :D

Last edited:
Man, I have not done a good job of writing regularly lately.

I've had several solid ideas for existing stories lately, but I haven't written many of them down. I spent about an hour on the trip from Springfield to home this weekend explaining the intricacies of the project currently closest to my heart.

I have been reading more lately, which is nice. I just finished Night Mare and started reading Dragon on a Pedestal, two novels in the Xanth series by Piers Anthony. It's definitely "candy" reading, but given the pressure of finding a new job within the next month, it's a welcome relief.

I did write more on Shapeshifter lately, with interesting results. In my humble (and biased opinion), I think there are some fun themes in the piece so far.

I'll try to post a "log" of recent writing lately, but wanted to check in and ask that you all pray that I'll recover and maintain the focus to write every day.

Back