TEam Soe Pvp Discussion! Your thoughts please!!

one2dredd

Tribe of Judah Aion Chapter Leader
I am taking a small break and I am sure everyone wants to enjoy the Christmas Celebration :). After the holidays I hope to get serious and do some damage in PvP. So I am calling out all the Team SoE members lets win Halls! If you are interested pls post here. If you have no PvP experiance that is ok just be willing to get Balt. Faction and be willing to try and learn new builds. You will never know what we will need. We will only work on specific builds. So If you have a build you would like to run post it here as well. Now when I start this I plan on have about 4 Builds we are going to run on a Consistant Basis. So we can still have fun and not get bored running the same thing but also at the same time people will know what we will be running and what skills they need. So Again if interested plese Post. Also in the event I am unable to make it to a PvP night I will make sure someone will be running it in my place. God bless and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Sounds like a great new year's resolution. :) Last year we were focused more on earning fame - now we have more rank in the guild and more experience. I think we have everything we need to win HoH without relying on a halls skip. We have great, experienced players, regular attendance at our PvP nights, and excellent leadership, particularly Derk, Dredd, Caro and STC. And in my opinion the only thing we need to do to put all these factors together and win is for us to mind the metagame in our builds. Let me explain what I mean:

In the HA sequence of matches there are a number of things that have to happen, and they are all important. These things essentially boil down to "kill them don't die", but to make that happen you have to do a lot of things, like interfering with their healing, dealing damage to vulnerable targets, interrupting key skills and rezzes, etc.

If you focus on doing any one or two of those things, you can catch opposing groups off guard and eek out a win, sometimes. In my opinion, this is the current state of PvP for us.

To travel successfully down the HA chain all the way to the hall and win more often than you lose, you have to be able to do all of those things. We can definitely do this!

To regularly hold the hall, you also have the flexibility to refocus the group when dealing with unexpected or unusual opposing strategies. I'm not optimistic that we will be able to do this, but I'd love to be proven wrong! :)

So with that said, here are the metagame things I think we need to take care to have in our builds:

1 - Interrupt and/or knockdown
2 - A very clear damage strategy - namely, either pressure or spike
3 - Other components needed to deal with relic runs and other non-elimination rounds. Namely, a runner and a strategy for disabling opposing runners and their healers.

One of the reasons I love to use builds from PvX wiki is that they tend to have these things built into them. :cool:

Well Here is what I knwo we will run for sure

1.Balanced Build
2. Some type of Ele Pressure build

Those are two of the types of build I know we will run.
Now I know what your saying Paul and I cannot agree more. The main way to win in HA is to know what your opponent is running and what he is doing. Anyone can win in HA if given the time. The Problem is if we want to win Halls we are going to have to play for longer periods of time. That means Starting Earlier than we even do now. Like 8 pm Eastern till about 11 or 12 Eastern depending on what people can do. If we devote that amount of time I believe we can win halls. However if that kinda of time does not work than the other option is play HA 3 to 4 times a week. Because once a week you cannot get a feel for what is going on. If people want more PvP nights I am willing to try. I may not lead every night but with that option we can go Places. Now we will lose A lot until we understand what other people are doing and how to counter their build with what we are running.

Ya dredd. I think our main thing is the lack of exp. We have the experiance in leadership. But HA is an 8 man team. If we really want to get good and win we need more pvp time. But then again we do have lives. Which gets in the way of everything pvp. It will take a lot of trial and error but we will get it. To team SoE.

Is anyone interested in Saturday morning sessions, in addition to the other ones? I know there's generally a lot of Allis on at that time, and honestly, I'm not at my best at night. If there is some interest, I would suggest a single build run all the time on Sat. mornings only so everyone always knows what to expect.

Balanced Builds in HoH are runnings:
A/W - Palm Strike
A/W - Palm Strike - runner
Mesmer Hero - Tease Hero
W/A - Devastating Hammer
N/E - Lingering Curse
Mo/Me - RC
Mo/Me - Healer's Boon

Everyone had shields/spears as a secondary weapons set for use in Hall.

Variations (all the same above builds if not listed):
A,A,W,Mes Hero,N,N 2nd runner,Mo,Mo
A,A,W,E(Unsteady G), E (SF), Mo, Mo

The other one we saw was a shockwave ele team 6 eles, mes, and monk. They destroyed the above build.

Last edited:
I've been playing around with the Palm Strike build. It's not bad, but I don't love it.

However, I was messing with a SH all ele build in ZE using some of the tactics we saw from that shockwave group, especially with Heal Party, and it's marvelous. They go down instantly. The only problem I had was with the rangers, and I managed to beat them once, which I've never done before.

Shockwave is cool but that was a very gimick build lol they will win a few and got to halls but would never hold it sadly :(

Balanced Builds in HoH are runnings:
A/W - Palm Strike
A/W - Palm Strike - runner
Mesmer Hero - Tease Hero
W/A - Devastating Hammer
N/E - Lingering Curse
Mo/Me - RC
Mo/Me - Healer's Boon

Everyone had shields/spears as a secondary weapons set for use in Hall.

Variations (all the same above builds if not listed):
A,A,W,Mes Hero,N,N 2nd runner,Mo,Mo
A,A,W,E(Unsteady G), E (SF), Mes Hero, Mo, Mo

We're going to be running one of these as closely as possible tonight. Dredd asked me to test them out.

I don't know if you noticed this one, but they made a change to Palm Strike with the game update yesterday:

Palm Strike: decreased Crippled duration to 1..5 seconds; decreased damage to 10..65.

I think it's power was really the knock-down at the beginning of the skill chain, but figured I should mention it.

Back