Switching our server from UT3 to New UT?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
So I'm totally out of the loop.

Does New UT have dedicated servers yet?

If so, can we rent one?

If we can rent one, should we? We'd have to close down the UT3 server so our costs don't increase significantly.

Thoughts?

The new UT does have dedicated servers, although I'm not sure about how to go about the renting process. As sad as I would be to see our UT 3 server get shut down, I think it's time to move on and embrace this new UT that is going to be the best UT yet and may hopefully win the hearts of a divided UT community.

After a quick bit of research (i.e. a few minutes with Google and checking the NFO Servers and GameServers.com games lists), it doesn't look like any server hosting companies offer New UT servers just yet.

Does anyone have some extra hardware and bandwidth we might use to host a server of our very own?

Updates are still coming out too frequently for any hosts to want to touch this.

I tried running a dedicated server just once for LAN party and didn't have luck getting it to work, though plenty fo people do. Unfortunately my outbound bandwidth isn't near good enough for a server.

Updates are still coming out too frequently for any hosts to want to touch this.
That makes sense.

I tried running a dedicated server just once for LAN party and didn't have luck getting it to work, though plenty fo people do. Unfortunately my outbound bandwidth isn't near good enough for a server.
Bummer.

Is there any ETA on when UT4 will enter the beta phase? It feels like it's been in development a while now...

Back