Suggestion

Angus_Og

I know that there are quite a few high end instances out there.
5 man: Scholo, BRD and Strat (live and dead)
10 man: BRS (upper and lower)
20 man: ZG and AQ20
40 man: MC, AQ40, BWL and Onyxia

Well when patch 1.11 comes out and we have Naxxramas to add to the 40 man mix we will not have enough time in the week to run all of these.

We are growing by leaps and bounds here at TF and the new members from other servers are leveling fast. We also have people with multiple 60s lying around.

I would like to suggest that we make a 20 man group, for now, to tackle the 20 man instances and as we gel into a raid we rotate others in to share the wealth and experience that we gain from these instances. Maybe rotate ZG and AQ20 after a while.

Once we get ~30 60s on at a time we could start doing 40 man runs. Either we farm them or fill out the rest with our friends from other guilds that might like to go on these high end raid runs.

I know we are not a raid guild and I hope we never become one, but Blizzrd dictates that to grow in the game we must group together to get the better gear. I have enjoyed some of my end game experience with the SGA and I have yet to have a bad time with any of my runs with TF. I would rather make these end runs with TF and maybe a few SGA friends then with all SGA members. That is why I have brought this up.

Angus_Og said:
...I know we are not a raid guild and I hope we never become one....

In all honesty though, it is inevitable. As we get more and more level 60's, we are going to want to be doing more and more instances/raids to get better and better gear. I don't think it's possible to have ~30 lvl 60's in the guild and NOT eventually become a raid guild. Although we might not do it on a daily basis, we will be in raid dungeons more often than not.

Just my $.02

I agree with Reason, but I don't think we'll have the problems of a raid guild, NOR will we EVER decide suddenly to kick all the people in our guild that don't do the MC+ raid scene. I've seen that happen before in other guilds and I think it is not an option for a guild like ours :) one day we'll be big enough to raid, but it won't make us one of the "bad raiding guilds". We'll remain true to our calling :)

While I don't think TF is quite large enough to make regular 20/40 man runs, if this interests you then I may have some good news. I expect the SGA MC/BWL run will be actively recruiting a few new regulars within the next week or two. I would imagine priests and mages are at the top of the "wanted list" but there may be other classes as well. If you are interested in raiding BWL and MC 2-3 nights a week, you might want to watch for this.

example42 said:
While I don't think TF is quite large enough to make regular 20/40 man runs, if this interests you then I may have some good news. I expect the SGA MC/BWL run will be actively recruiting a few new regulars within the next week or two. I would imagine priests and mages are at the top of the "wanted list" but there may be other classes as well. If you are interested in raiding BWL and MC 2-3 nights a week, you might want to watch for this.

I would be, however most of those runs require TS and I still can't get mine to work properly. :(

I think we are requiring a few more regular 60s to do 20 mans at this point. I can't imagine 40 mans at this point. One of the core reasons I signed us up with SGA was to provide opportunity to end game content without having to be a raiding guild to do it. John's suggestion to hook up with a SGA run is a good one, just keep in mind, they are not guild runs and their loot rules are a required reading in order to figure out if its worth it. One of the runs is moving towards the popularized DKP system (or another variant of it) so if you are familiar with it and like that system, you might want to check those runs out.

Speaking of 40-player runs, specifically Naxx....

Curse-Gaming said:
The Naxxramas Attunment has been officialy announced. This is not 30 Gold as we the rumours said. At Honored with Argent Dawn you have to give 60 Gold, 1 Righteous Orb, 2 Nexus Crystals and 5 Arcane Crystals. If you are Revered it is only 30 Gold, 1 Arcane Crystal and 2 Nexus. At Exalted the Attunment is free.

Their English was rather poor in the first sentance, but I think they were trying to convey "it's [the fee to get into Naxx] not 30g, as previous rumors indicated."

Start getting your Rep or mats now. Honored will cost you about 400g if you buy your mats now; Revered will cost you about 150g now. Exalted is free. I'm sure if you wait until the patch to buy mats, you'll pay through the nose. If you want a "get rich quick scheme", buy extra mats now and sell them on the AH. Everyone knew ahead of time what the T0.5 gear quests would entail, but few people collected up the mats ahead of time. As a result, prices skyrocketed overnight after the patch, and some of us made hundreds of gold in a day.

Last edited:
So, with this in mind. Anyone wanting to run through Scholo atleast once more. I have to do the blood of Innocents quest and the AD rep wouldn't be bad either. Then maybe some time afterwards a few Strat runs?

As long as you see me online, I'm not already committed to anythign else, and I have time, count me in!

Back