Stop the Insanity

Lilminihaha

Written by Paul Williams and used by Kermit the Frog, of The Muppets, Jim Henson Productions

Why are there so many songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
And rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers and me.

Who said that every wish would be heard and answered
when wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that
and someone believed it,
and look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing?
And what do we think we might see?
the lovers, the dreamers and me.

All of us under its spell,
we know that it's probably magic....

Have you been half asleep
and have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it.
It's something that I'm supposed to be.
the lovers, the dreamers and me.
La, la la, La, la la la, La Laa, la la, La, La la laaaaaaa

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Now you all are probably wondering why I posted that song? Well I posted it because I like it...and because it isn't something you'd expect.

I am making this thread because for a Christian Guild...we have alot of in fighting going on. From accroynms that offend...to personal views and Ideals...

Well let's face it people...if I was on the outside looking in, I would be laughing at us...because we are getting wrapped around the axel about stupid stuff.

Now I'm not at all Scripture Saavy so I'm gonna press thru with this as best as possible...

Our Guild name is Redeemed...why?

Well let's look at this via Dictionary.com

Redeemed (v)
-To save from a state of sinfulness and its consequences
-To restore the honor, worth, or reputation of

Now that's just a few of the definitions...now why is our Guild name Redeemed?

Christ died on the Cross some 2000 years ago to save us from the damnation and eternal separation from God that is called Hell. When we accept Christ into our life we are Redeemed...

Now...we are called Christians why?

Again let's ask out friends at Dictionary.com for a few definitions

Christian (adj)
-Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
-Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.
-Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.
-Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents

So why are we called Christians?

Thanks be to God, when Christ died on the Cross, he paved a way for us to once again commune/fellowship with God, if we chose to. However we can only do so if we go thru Christ...

Now upon taking on Christ (accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior) we are no longer who we were...we are in fact a new creation...changed by the Blood of The Lamb. Upon doing so we in fact became..."little Christs" at least in God's eyes..because when we sin and confess He sees us but beyond that He sees His Beloved Son.

Okay what's the point?

Point is we all joined Redeemed because we are Christians looking for fellowship with other Believers...but when I look at several posts I have to ask myself....is this really a Christian Forum?

Now while this is really played out due to commercialization (Long Live Capitalism...) We really need to look at every situation...WWJD...What Would Jesus Do?

Would I say or do this is the Presense of God? Would I say or do this in the Presence of the Christ who saved me from Eternal Damnation? Would I? Would He/They?

Now, I am very dogmatic...I am also somewhat liberal in my viewpoints concerning certain thinks...but with God's help and the constant encouragement of the Brothers and Sisters that I surround myself with...one day I know I can look at myself and say...I'm simply dogmatic...good/bad? I don't know...but what I do know is that we need to set aside our petty differences and grievences...and simply treat each other as Christ would have us treat each other.

Honestly, I don't care if you dislike me or even go as far as to hate me...I may even offend you with what I say...but in TRUTH, I only say what I truly believe is appropriate...even if I go up and beyond and bear down too much...sometimes it is necessary to curb a problem...I would rather upset you and make you hate me because I said something to you then have you continue in saying or doing something that in long run will do you more harm than my words did.

If I am told something once...maybe I can disregard it
If I am told something Twice...perhaps I should take note of it
If I am told something Thrice...I need to take action

Ignorance is only a viable excuse once...after that it's a willful choice.

I've said my peace...take it or leave it...

You bring up a lot of good points Lilmini. A good majority of them I agree with and see no reason to debate or argue them.

Personally, I'm not to worried about having a frank discussion about issues that affect guild members. Its better to attempt to get everything onto the table in the most objective manner possible. We are not perfect, alot of subjective material and emotions are also put onto the table for us to work through as well.

Somebody from the outside may read these threads and laugh. And that does not bother me because if they do, quite honestly, the joke is on them. Every guild has issues to work through. I see the Holicron Knights deal with issues on their forums as well, and I don't see Redeemed members laughing at them.

What would bother me is if we said: We will deal with this issue this way and then in practice we didn't. Then people would be right to laugh at us. We have to make sure our actions and our words are in unison.

but when I look at several posts I have to ask myself....is this really a Christian Forum?
I have to make the assumption that you do not visit many Christian Forums, because this looks Exactly like them. Christian forums are know for being the worst for debating and getting "hot and heavy" out there. Go visit a theology forum like Calvinism vs Armianism and you will have your socks blown off at how Christians treat each other. (now I do not condone unwholesome talk towards each other but I am just pointing this out.)

So far the posts that I have been reading have been excellent, people are working through their beliefs and responding to each other comments. Yeah we get emotional at times, but that just shows that these are topics worth discussing. In fact the most emotional ones so far were ones responding to yours.

I think you are going too far to tell people to "Stop the Insanity" This is multi-denominational Guild with various ages and levels of maturity (both spiritual and hormonal) There are bound to be disagreements and thats fine. Working through them makes people stronger. Telling people to stop having opinions and just love each other is not very practical for a forum.

Well let's face it people...if I was on the outside looking in, I would be laughing at us...
1 Corinthians 1:18 For to those who are perishing the message of the cross is foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is God's power.

I guarantee you that people from the outside are already laughing at us. We talk about things of spiritual living in here. That is foolishness to non-Christians. We should not worry about how our discussions look to outsiders. I would, however, make an effort to take the time to look up verses for support of the discussions. Then when outsiders view them, they can see the gospel spread through out the topics.

Anyways, I am not attacking you here, just saying to ease up a bit. Things are fine here. If a topic is getting out of hand in someone's opinion, they should show self control to not read it. We have moderators here and they will lock a thread if it degrades to something of no value.

So far the posts that I have been reading have been excellent, people are working through their beliefs and responding to each other comments. Yeah we get emotional at times, but that just shows that these are topics worth discussing.

QFT, In the end, this is what it is about.

Last edited:
Back