Spirit of KoT

Icthus

As Icthus sat in the guild hall sipping his warm drink he was taken back. He was taken to his birth to manhood in a small villa just outside of Camelot. He was the first born of a family of Knights. His family had told him stories of the Knights of the Trinity. He remembers his first request to a grand friar named Phillippi to become a square in the great guild of believers. He was scared yet excited. Icthus thought of his time with the warriors learning the trades of a Paladin. The new fellowship of those that shared the same Savior, the same Lord. Many helped him as he grew in favor of men and God, too many to list.

His family began to grow and become more powerful. Fighting the evils that invaded the land. It is a good life he has been given. God has blessed him in many ways. He knew now was the time to recall the spirit of those that went before him. He sat and penned a letter as follows:

Dearest Jazmina,

My sister in Christ, I have missed your wonderful spirit and heart. My prayers have been many and passionate for you and your family of late. Knight of the Trinity would not be here today if not for the efforts of you and your council of wise and powerful believers. I thank you for your efforts on behalf of all who have ever worn the colors of Knights of the Trinity.

My one wish now is to see you again and talk about the history of the family. It is my hope God will allow us to continue on as a family of believers. Spreading his light to the world of Camelot and aiding one another in our many realms of life. I seek your wisdom and counsel on many matters. Please let me know when you might be able to sit and share the memories you have with me.

In Chirst Name Alone,

Icthus

He folded the letter and dripped wax on the fold and sealed it with the emblem of the Knights of the Trinity. He placed the note in a box on Jazmina's door.

As he returned to his own home his heart was filled with hope. Hope that comes from knowing He who controls the future. He looked forward to sharing the past of Jaz, Bled, Phillipi, Peiter, Odale, Cammandus, Aijalon, Malohaut, and the many who have gone before him.

The cool breeze brushed aside his greying hair as Malohaut rested comfortably beside the Camelot river. His head rested on the soft pelt of a local bear who was currently snoozing the afternoon sun away. Memories flooded into his mind: memories of Peiter and Bethshaya and Jazmina, memories of Trinity's first keep taking and of the few adventures he's led, and even memories of his missionary travels to far away lands. Now, God had called him back to the lands of Camelot to once again help in the Trinity church. He had a task to do at that eve's meeting and he was quite excited to perform that task. It was time to revitalize the Trinity, and Malohaut was going to do his very best to do so.

A deep growl within the belly of the bear startled Malohaut as he lept up in shock. It was awake and not very happy it seems. Two bandits had tried to sneak up on the resting pair hoping to make an easy strike. But with the bear on its hind legs and Malohaut with his staff in hand, the two thugs were immediatly discouraged and slowly backed off into the nearby forests. It was alright anyway. Malohaut had to go and prepare for the meeting and his task to come. After whispering gently to the bear and patting it on its back, the bear was released from his control and it went off happily away in the direction of those nice two bandits.

Exhausted and weary Jazmina rode into Ceawent. Home sweet home. She smiled as she crossed the bridge to Oakwick. It had been so long...to long but relief and peace stood just before her. Banners waving in the wind. It was the the banner of the guild hall..of the most noble knights she had had the privilage of knowing and leading for a time. The Knights of the Trinity. She wondered how much things had changed..and how the guild was faring in her abscence. She frowned at the thought of the how she had to leave the guild and wondered if they would still accept her as they did before...she hadnt wanted to leave the guild without a leader but she had no choice...God had called her off to the greatest battle she had ever fought in her life.

Only by his grace did she stand here today. Bruised and scarred but alive. So many lessons she had to learn..so much God was teaching her. The feircest part of the battle was over...but the wounds ran deep and there was still a battle waging in Jazminas heart. Jazmina knew the Lord was working in her life but what were his plans for her?

Jazmina noticed some scrolls awaiting her in the box upon her door. Realizing how old they may be she removed them from the box and stepped into her home. Nothing had changed...everything was just as she left it. She smiled at the thought of the Knights relaxing in the coffee house above her small apartment. She went downstairs and strolled to her desk. What a comfort it was to be safe in her home again. As she laid the scrolls upon her desk she noticed one with the seal of the Knight's of the Trinity. She hesitated a moment before opening it. She ran her finger upon the wax seal recalling the days she herself had used this very same seal and all it signified. How she had missed the Knights. The family she was not worthy to have. She opened the parchment and began to read....

Dearest Jazmina,

My sister in Christ, I have missed your wonderful spirit and heart. My prayers have been many and passionate for you and your family of late. Knight of the Trinity would not be here today if not for the efforts of you and your council of wise and powerful believers. I thank you for your efforts on behalf of all who have ever worn the colors of Knights of the Trinity.

My one wish now is to see you again and talk about the history of the family. It is my hope God will allow us to continue on as a family of believers. Spreading his light to the world of Camelot and aiding one another in our many realms of life. I seek your wisdom and counsel on many matters. Please let me know when you might be able to sit and share the memories you have with me.

In Chirst Name Alone,

Icthus

She smiled with fondness as she closed the note. They had missed her...just as she had missed them. It seems the Lord has placed another in her footsteps..just as he had done to her when Lord Malohaut had been called away. What joy filled her heart to know the guild had been in good hands and had grown. That in itself removed a burden from the many Jazmina was holding in her heart.

"Only you know what's before me and these Knights, dear Lord. Please keep you hand upon us." Jazmina whispered. Her heart knew her battles were not complete and neither were those of the KoT...the Lord had plans for the Knights..little did they know what lay ahead for them. But Jazmina knew in her heart for she had dreamt dreams....dreams of things to come.....

Back