So you think you can write. HA! I shall test you.

ChickenSoup

Banned
Here's a contest for you: write a story from Saul's armor beaer (saul from 1 Samuel, you know... head taller than all other Israelites... yadda yadda) starting from three days before Saul killed himself after he was critically wounded in his last battle with the Philistines. Be creative, you know. Write normal story form, write it in the form of the armor bearer's diary or something

C$ your spam has provided inspiration for this week's writing assignment. Congratulations! :p Just please, please, don't post stuff like this anymore that seems like a serious writing assignment and might distract or cause people to waste their time, at least not without concluding with a merciful little 'Just kidding!' or something. This kind of serious-seeming request really puts all of us in an awkward position.

Thanks LITSAFALDA for responding to the C$ spam before folks started taking it seriously.

Paul

Last edited:
What?? I seriously wanted you guys to do this... I guess I'll get sued if I even so much as joke in my topic name! Was there something I missed in the rules about posting stuff like this??

Well well aren't we quite the boy who cried wolf. I'm sorry C$ but it is simply impossible to tell when you are being serious and when you are not.

Dude, I'm all for it if someone wants to take up your challenge, although I imagine the research and time necessary for doing what you ask would be prohibative for most people. But the way you posted it, it made it seem as if you were starting some kind of new official writing challenge for this group. That's not against the rules, but just because something isn't illegal doesn't mean its the right thing to do. In the future I'd appreciate if you'd preface your own writing challenges with a disclaimer that they're not official. Again I'm sorry that I misunderstood your post as humor.

Wait, no I'm not - how the heck could anyone blame me? :p

Paul

well like he said we can't really tell because you spam so much...
hence the boy who cried wolf metaphor/allusion:
you spam something (cry wolf), nothing important, spam again, nothing, don't spam (there is a wolf), we think it's just spam.

this is a very interesting challenge

I may have to try......

no no no, what am I saying?

do, or do not. There is no try.

I will think about attempting a do

if that makes sense

Back