Should the server use snapshots?

What do you prefer the server to run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josh2415

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Server Operator
I want to find out if people want to use the snapshots or if people would rather just use official releases. It probably comes down to using the latest features vs. more stable / don't know how to use snapshots.
Pick the answer you are closest to, and feel free to tell us your thoughts in a reply!

Last edited:
How would using snapshot effect all the mods and addon's that are used on the server?

Seems like everything there was an official update it would take forever to get it on the server because we were waiting for buckit to be stable and up to date. If using snapshots meant fewer mods and addons I'm all for using the snapshots.

How would using snapshot effect all the mods and addon's that are used on the server?

Seems like everything there was an official update it would take forever to get it on the server because we were waiting for buckit to be stable and up to date. If using snapshots meant fewer mods and addons I'm all for using the snapshots.

That is correct, snapshots are vanilla versions of Minecraft, just like official releases (no mods, no plug-ins). The difference is that the snapshots are bound to be more buggy (but generally fixed quickly) and since decompiling, comparing, adjusting, and adding is so time-consuming, bukkit only updates for official versions.

Back