Sharing Gods word!

cc.slim

The opportunity came to direct a non believer to God and the Bible, but I was thrown a stipulation that the non believer would not read the Bible in it's entirety rather just one book out of it. The spur of the moment led me to blurt out that if they read anything to read the Book of John. I really don't know why other than I feel it summarizes who, what, and why. Did I do right? Well, I'm still standing by for an answer. For future reference if you would fill my moment with what you would advise and why you feel it so.

Last edited:
I'd go with John - the Gospel. Why? Well - you're not going to recommend Revelation - too difficult even for most Christians. I like Galatians - freedom - but there is a lot of history behind it. Philippians - joy - that could be a good one. But John - if you only have one shot, share Jesus. John does that best - IMO.

If you felt like John was the answer that God gave you for this person, that it was the right answer. Every person is at a different spot in their lives, with different backgrounds, different histories, different worldviews. You can't make blanket statements about which verses to tell someone - you have to have an understanding about the entire Bible and let God tell you which part to deliver.

God will provide the right motivation for them. The other day, a friend gave a reference to Job and it struck the receiver as a personal wake-up call.

Yeah - different books for different occasions. I have a friend who used Ecclesiastes for a seekers Bible study and had great results with non-believers.

I tend to go with Mark a lot, simply because he is a no holds barred, get straight to the juicy stuff type of writer. However John is a tied for first guy. THe book of John is fully able to explain everything that Jesus is about and has this nasty little habit of getting people to want more. :D

Good for you CC, giving them the book that popped into your head. :D

Lol lack of confidence plants a seed of self doubt especially when there has been no contact since- five days n counting! Hehehe I know I know don't be anxious.

Thank you for the advice to the best books that fit the emotions expressed during witnessing. Is there anymore sage advice to fit the vibes cause I'm listening?

You've done what God asked you to do, now you need to just let it be. When it's in God's plan for you to talk to that person again, it'll happen. Remember that we don't win people to Christ - Christ wins them... we're just the hands and feet.

I heard a statistic a few years ago (quite possibly fictional, who knows) but it said that most people need 7 serious interactions with fundamentally sound doctrine before they make their decision for Christ. Whether the real average number is 2, 7, or 136... just know that you were one of the needed interactions for that person. You should feel blessed and honored that God chose to use you. Don't get all upset if you find out next week that the person didn't make a decision yet.

Durruck,

Your post reminds me of the old adage.

"Christians who are brought into the lives of others are at different points in the planting process. Some are there to till the soil (Like being the first contact) Some are called to plant the seed, some are called to weed, some are called to water adn still others are called to reap."

I think that describes what CC is going through. :D Its just a matter of knowing which one you are.

Lol farmer slim phd hehehe. Two times I sat alone( hehehe wuz I really) on GFC source server smacking bots around and twice I have been pm'd. (numerous pm's in times past but these last two effected me) One in witness and one for recognition. Now when asked I point to Christ so no lack of courage or focus but both paused me when they asked whom I affiliated with. The Arrrg pause, Jesus of course haha not good enough they wanted classification. Am I Baptist, am I Methodist, ect, just what am I when Follower of Christ is not enough? I know it's not who's right its Whom is right, and he sits on many pews yet I hesitate to point to what I can not know to be true. Hehehe read the book of John lol fyi I used it again to witness on a forum. wOOt!

Lol farmer slim phd hehehe. Two times I sat alone( hehehe wuz I really) on GFC source server smacking bots around and twice I have been pm'd. (numerous pm's in times past but these last two effected me) One in witness and one for recognition. Now when asked I point to Christ so no lack of courage or focus but both paused me when they asked whom I affiliated with. The Arrrg pause, Jesus of course haha not good enough they wanted classification. Am I Baptist, am I Methodist, ect, just what am I when Follower of Christ is not enough? I know it's not who's right its Whom is right, and he sits on many pews yet I hesitate to point to what I can not know to be true. Hehehe read the book of John lol fyi I used it again to witness on a forum. wOOt!

Too many people get hung up on labels like that. Baptist, Methodist, pentecostal... I don't worry about it overmuch. I'm a Christian. :) Besides, I'm sure that in heaven there will be a bunch of Baptist, Catholics and the rest of the labels, its the heart where things matter. :)

Also, I'll try and hop on the GFC server when I'm able. Sorry I haven't seen ya there. :(

1 Corinthians 13:13 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love. Hmm, I don't know why this caught my eye but research led me to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and the deeper I dug the more each individual gospel related to specifics of what Paul brought forth. First three synoptic with each bringing a unifying and. So thinking as a Jesus freak then I can find specifics from Jesus when faith is needed by reaching him through Matthew or hope I reach for Mark and love I reach for Luke, and to round it all up I use John. I know I'm silly but it was fun researching hehehe and I won't stop there wOOt!

Last edited:
Back