Shadow Warrior how I <3 thee

Avesther

So I've played priest in WoW since Feb 2005 or so. Thats over 3.5 years of healing and lack luster dps and a big part of the reason why I did not choose a healing class. I just want to outright dps without the complaints "Why aren't you healing" in BGs.

So as I am playing, I am learning this class is an amazingly deep class. Maybe it is because I'm so enamoured by dps from not having a decent dps class for 3 years.

In Scenerios, I can sit behind the group in scout stance and rain terror on the forces of Chaos with increased range and weapon\ballistic skill. Flame arrow puts a dot on the target that explodes damaging all targets in range, how cool is that. If thats not cool enough, I have an attack that puts a dot up on them at range, I can reduce their armor from that range and snare them with a slow all while slamming them with Eagle eye which does insane damage and they can't touch me. And if I need to, I have rapid fire to quickly finish off that last 5% of their health.

As the battle gets closer, I switch to skirmish stance and and start fletch arrowing the group which does damage to the target plus insane splash damage to everybody within 30 feet. With a little luck and can flank their group a bit and get free reign on their healers. As long as the healers aren't focusing on their tanks, we tend to win scenerios. And when the tanks realize whats happening and all turn on me, I hit whirling pin to pin them in place, hit flee and get my sorry butt out of the area and start my rain of terror in scout stance again from behind our group.

And in those really tight fights, I switch off to Assault stance get behind a tank which gives me a move that is similiar to rogues back stab, plus I get additional strength so I hit harder and additional armor so I can take a few punches while throughing up a bleed on my target.

And thats not including a plethora of morale abilities to keep my attackers at bay or increase my damage by 100% or other cooldown abilities, its just insane. Granted, the SW is no master of one but it does decent damage into a group that our specialized dpser (mellee or range) can come in a effectively one or two shot the enemy.

I am really growing on this new role and am very excited to see what is going to play into my hands as I level.

It's posts like this that tend to increase the number of alts I have. Sounds like a fun class, with a lot of variety.

Of all the classes I played in Beta, SW seemed like the coolest set of DPS features. Being able to switch stances seemed very well done and I could tell that mastering the use of them would be both difficult and rewarding. I watched a video of how you can kite ppl in 1 on 1 using a strafe technique that allowed you to not lose run speed while jumping around 180 to get off skirmisher shots, it was wicked powerful.

Back