Server is Down

It's back. Looks like LS was installing the latest snapshot.

Ah, you caught me. :) It only takes a couple minutes or so to make a backup and switch server files around, but statistically I'm still going to occasionally block someone. 1 point for you!

Wondering if its just me, but door animations are not working for me.. Ok, blocks are disappearing slowly too.. Seems to just be lag. Funny, nothing else is lagging out though, chests are fine, warping is fine.. weird.

Thanks for working on the server! At first I wasn't sure if I was just having network issues or if the server was down.

Wondering if its just me, but door animations are not working for me.. Ok, blocks are disappearing slowly too.. Seems to just be lag. Funny, nothing else is lagging out though, chests are fine, warping is fine.. weird.

Can't comment on cheats...

I thought my network was lagging (becoming more common of an issue) but as I was clearing some dirt, I could get 5 or 6 blocks in and the image of the blocks are still there, but I can move through them. Also, when I open a door, the sound triggers, I can walk through, but the animation does not change. This doesn't happen with the doors I've made with pistons.

Can't comment on cheats...

I thought my network was lagging (becoming more common of an issue) but as I was clearing some dirt, I could get 5 or 6 blocks in and the image of the blocks are still there, but I can move through them. Also, when I open a door, the sound triggers, I can walk through, but the animation does not change. This doesn't happen with the doors I've made with pistons.

cheats = chests? I get the same behavior with block breaking, except I was chopping trees. :)

Mojang is working on threading and optimizing rendering with this latest snapshot, so these could well be bugs related to that. I didn't play more than a couple minutes after I updated the server version.

Just another FYI... blocks don't render quite correctly. They disappear a while after breaking the block, but you can move through blocks just fine. This allows for x-raying. But it can be trippy. This snapshot is playable, but it may take a bit of getting used to.

Had an interesting problem yesterday, should have taken a screen shot. If you've seen my complex, the gate is operated by pistons. I closed the gate as I ran back to my safe room at night. In the morning when I came back to the gate it was a black hole. No x-ray, just a black hole where the blocks didn't render. I opened the gate and the blocks reappeared.

I've had a very busy week, so I've played very little of this snapshot. Do you guys think we should try going back a version? My daughter and her friend were trying to play (local server, not ToJ), and I ended up switching back to last week's snapshot for them.

Last edited:
I've had a very busy week, so I've played very little of this snapshot. Do you guys think we should try going back a version? My daughter and her friend were trying to play (local server, not ToJ), and I ended up switching back to last week's snapshot for them.

It's playable. Just don't wander too far from home. And look forward to a "c" snapshot.

Back