Scientists

"The Medical Benefits of Faith

There are sound medical reasons to take these beliefs seriously. An analysis of 42 studies involving 125,286 patients, published in the June 2000 issue of Health Psychology, found that those with some sort of religious involvement live longer."

That is what I am talking about.

Man proposes, God disposes.

Science is just an exemplification of God.

My opinion for creation:

God may set a bunch of parameters (avg. energy of atoms, mass, etc.) and let the experiment play itself out.
Like painting a picture, but just painting outlines. Then the outlines bleed and paint goes everywhere. Or a chemical experiment. We can control parameters, no? Pressure, temp, etc. This theory can be just as valid as the one saying God meticulously created everything individually, or the one saying "7 Days" = a couple billion years, or the one claiming about the Big Bang. Or the one that the universe has no beginning and possibly no end.

...wait, so do you believe God created the world or not? He let an elastic...umm, cosmic snap, make the world come to? Or he just made the world and left it to be?

Yes, that post was obscure, wasn't it? I was in the middle of an MSN chat, a paper (nasty buggers, they are), and that post.

I personally am partial to the theory that God set up a bunch of parameters, and let the world play itself out, while interfering at times (flood, Jesus, etc) to push it in a direction that He prefers. However, in the end, I must say that I do not have any proof.

Oh so you're a Deist. Understood. We had them way back in the establishment of America. They believe God made the world and didn't do anything about it.
So, uh, it doesn't make much sense if God says He's everywhere with us, He knows everything, and He wants to be in our hearts, does it? Or the fact that he would, you know, even WANT to mess around with those freaky Hebrew people. Always screwing up and disobeying him and getting punished and being repentful and coming back and screwing up, etc. I mean, WHY liberate them from Egypt's hold if He's just going to let them wander aimlessly into the 21st century? Huh?
Your belief really makes no sense to me, but if you care to explain WHY you believe that and HOW you came to believe that, I'll listen.

I never said He doesn't do anything. Nor did I say that he doesn't care either. Just like a chemistry experiment has a goal, God also has a goal. Wasn't Stalin the one that said "The ends justify the means."? God IS with us, yes, and I did say that He'll push the 'experiment' in a direction that he wants. I admit, this theory isn't perfect. Atoms and molecules in experiments are not sentient. Humans are. But it kinda satisfies me, so whatever.

....so we're an experiment for a better race? Why? God's perfect, he could just make us perfect, as He said He did in Genesis. Or He could make a race that can't sin, ergo, is a machine to Him. Perfection right there.
How can God call himself Almighty if we're a tentative touch into something new for Him?

Back