Saturday June 22, 2019: Matthew 7:24-27

Krissa Lox

Posting from a tablet tonight, so if the formatting ends up weird I'll correct it later.

Been watching some of the most wicked rain and wind I think I've ever seen in my life. Sirens are blaring, the ditch water has gotten nearly up to the level of the highway we live on (but the house is elevated quite a bit from the road, so we're not in any danger), and nearby towns are flooding.

So of course this seems the most appropriate verse for tonight:

Matthew 7:24-27

7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Storms are inevitable. There is no promise of do everything right and the storms will just pass you by. But when we are with God, He prepares us for the storms and guides us through them, so it's not the storms themselves we should judge our lives by but the results of them.

Back