Saturday January 17th, 2009

the_great_eskimo_pie

Former Official Thread Killer
Matthew 5:14 said:
14."You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.

There is a lot more that goes along with this verse, however I want to take a moment and concentrate on this one.

We are light, what comes with light? exposure. When light is around, it is easier to see the flaws, the mistakes, the sin and guilt from things we have done. A city cannot be hidden from the light we give off. Sometimes it may seem like we are a birthday candle in the dark, however take hope. We are the light, more we reflect the light of Jesus.

This is going to cause people to do one of two things with us: 1.) They will be attracted to the light, much the way a moth is attracted to it. Something they want desperately, yet are a little afraid of. 2.) They will hate us for having the light and exposing their city. Most people who fall into group 1 are going to have a lot of questions regarding the light, gird yourselves up in preparation for them. those in group 2 will be antagonistic, trying to bully you away. (Having dealt with both groups in my own life, this is not just my ramblings, it is something I know happens)

Keep the faith, let your light shine. Will you be seen as a beacon of hope or will you try to hide the light to avoid any type of confrontation?

Back