Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizz

Ok i wasnt sure whether to bring this to you guys or not...

A while ago my dad had a stroke. He ha d a good recovery but hes still not all there mentally. He can converse and think etc but he just has lapses. He cant remember what things are called and so on.

But the thing that bothers me most (and this is going to sound really selfish), is that he seems to like familiarity. So he watches the same videos over and over again. Which is incredibly annoying and explains the large ammount of time i spend on my pc.

So to the point. Please pray for his continues recovery. Pray that our family can tolerate him as he is now. Pray that my relationship with my father isnt diminished because i can no longer talk to him. Which is how it feels at the moment. Its just like having someone you dont know in your house and it drives me nuts.

Thanx for your support guys.

Of course Rizz... I have also gone through some of what you are going through ... although not as bad .... will pray for you and for your father ...

I know it's not the same, and I know it doesn't his as close to home, but...

A few years ago, my grandmother was diagnosed with Parkinson's. It was incredibly difficult for my entire family, but especially for my mom. I mention this not to imply that I've been through worse, but to say that I have at least a vague idea of what you're going through and that you're not alone.

It's strange to be this age and have to confront such difficult situations as these. I believe I am a stronger person for it, and I know now that it was by the grace of God alone that I made it through. Be strong, take comfort in this gathering of witnesses, and do not grow discouraged.

Also, do be honest with yourself: It is upsetting when a love one in such a condition repeats the same action. If you need to get away some time and can, don't feel guilty for taking an afternoon off and going some place quiet where you can pray, read the Word, or just relax. These times to get away will be a benefit to both you and your loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back