Rainbow Moon

Kendrik

Staff member
So, ewoks recently mentioned Rainbow Moon. I've since downloaded the demo and given it a brief whirl.

Color me impressed. Enemies that show up on the map. Optional random encounters on top of that. Seemingly solid tactical-RPG battles. A day/night/week system. Graphics sitting somewhere between throwback and... perhaps FreeRealms (side note: I loved my brief time with FreeRealms; varied puzzle games wrapped in an MMO metagame works just fine for me regardless of its primary age demographic). It hits a lot good notes. Shoots. It even gives you a PSN-wide ranking system for kicks.

Despite not being on sale, and having a sizable backlog, this might be a game I have to pick up anyway. I've had the TRPG itch for a while, yet I lack games to scratch that itch (despite the wealth of quality options on GBA/DS, I just don't much love handheld gaming in and of itself).

Anyway, thought I'd create a thread for the game to see if there's any one else interested in it.

Thanks again to ewoks for introducing me to it. :D

So, Sony's runnin' their yearly "best of" awards. Rainbow Moon is a runner for... PSN Exclusive, I believe. When a game gets picked, it tends to be discounted. So! Go vote for the game and maybe, just maybe, it'll get discounted soon.

And if it's discounted, then there's all the more reason to buy it.

...I decided to finish out (or close to it) my Final Fantasy collection while it was on discount in expecting Rainbow Moon getting discounted down the line, so I'm especially hoping for said discount. ^_^

Just saw that today's PSN store update is gonna have Rainbow Moon on sale. $9.99 for the game, if I read correctly. $7.99 for Plus subbers.

I may have to pick it up now with its being roughly half price. :)

Strike that... already bought it. Went with the "premium bundle" for an extra eighty cents. Gave me the soundtrack and "medium" sized coins pack. I typically hate buying earn-able currency, but I'm such a sucker for OSTs that $0.80 seemed worth the upgrade. lol

Edit: And having already finished at least three games in the last week, I don't feel as bad buying a game I've been wanting for a while. Since Demon's Souls is gonna be on PS+ today, too, I can sell my hard copy to re-gain my expense. Hooray!

Last edited:
I assume it's up by now. Sometimes, the deals and stuff will seemingly be active on the store, but the front pages will not be updated right away. Picked up Rainbow Moon and the Injustice demo ( D: ) before I saw them on main pages.

Also, in buying the premium bundle, I got starting credits that, in turn, gave me two trophies just for having X amount of currency/points. hahaha

Can't wait to really dig into the game. :D

ewoks! Use the stat upload so I can track and compare your stuff on the Rainbow Moon website.

Like this!

Spiffy imo.

Back