**Raiding Update**

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3610

We are in the process of updating all of our raid documents, but I wanted to write a quick note to let everyone know something we are implementing ASAP (as in... it is implemented as of today).

We no longer have mains and alts. I repeat: no more mains/alts. With our DKP system in full swing there is no longer a need to have a main/alt system because loot will go to the person who has the DKP. If a player has more than one character they will gather DKP on each character individually so there is no longer a concern of fairness because DKP irons all that out.

We have also given our raid leaders the power to choose the group they need to be successful. So invites will be done based on the need of the raid. The main/alt issue also dissapears because raid invites are now being done based on the need of the raid to be successful. Some people may have a concern about fairness and about the raid leaders playing favorites. We have a lot of faith in the people leading our raids and trust that they will follow what God's word says in James 2.

------------
James 2:1-9
1 My dear brothers and sisters, how can you claim to have faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ if you favor some people over others?

2 For example, suppose someone comes into your meeting dressed in fancy clothes and expensive jewelry, and another comes in who is poor and dressed in dirty clothes. 3 If you give special attention and a good seat to the rich person, but you say to the poor one, “You can stand over there, or else sit on the floor”—well, 4 doesn’t this discrimination show that your judgments are guided by evil motives?

5 Listen to me, dear brothers and sisters. Hasn’t God chosen the poor in this world to be rich in faith? Aren’t they the ones who will inherit the Kingdom he promised to those who love him? 6 But you dishonor the poor! Isn’t it the rich who oppress you and drag you into court? 7 Aren’t they the ones who slander Jesus Christ, whose noble name you bear?

8 Yes indeed, it is good when you obey the royal law as found in the Scriptures: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 9 But if you favor some people over others, you are committing a sin. You are guilty of breaking the law.

------------

If we see our raid leaders showing favoritism to certain members we will rebuke them on it and make the situation right. But I have full faith that they are all Godly men and I trust they will take this scripture to heart.

We are continuing to try to create a better system and are excited for us all to have a lot of fun together and enjoy honoring God in our raids together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back