Questions and Help plz

Xymnas

Trieb of Judah Starcraft Series Chapter Co-leader
So, I've been trying to understand how to play this game, and I am so lost. I keep trying to attack something, and 90% of the time i try and use an attack it asks me to click on the target. OR it says spell not available. Lets just say I keep dying so fast.

So uhh lol How do I attack things and not die. I'm a disciple of magic or whatever it is. I'm kind of a noob at this game atm.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Disciples of Magic are the hardest classes... 2 things you need to know...

After you select the target...then select the spell...you must then reselect the target (by either pressing the select/confirm button or clicking on the target) [there is good reason for this, but I will explain that when I am not so tired]...

And...if you try to select a spell after already casting a spell, it will interrupt that spell...

JonZenor is currently playing a DoM...I am sure he can help you out a little more than I can... :)

awesome! thanks and I figured out that if I try and use a spell that i can click [enter] on the keyboard instead of trying to click with my mouse button and it attacks. I think i'm kinda getting it down atm. But we'll see >.>

awesome! thanks and I figured out that if I try and use a spell that i can click [enter] on the keyboard instead of trying to click with my mouse button and it attacks. I think i'm kinda getting it down atm. But we'll see >.>

Also...clicking on the AoE button, (or pressing your emote button if using a controller), will activate AoE magic, which costs no more MP but attacks all nearby enemies, which by rank 4 or 5, you will be one shotting groups of 2 and 3 mobs... :)

EDIT: Be sure to post here so we can get you an invite to the Linkshell :)

Last edited:
I will once I join the right realm lol. I'll get on tonight. Got work all day :/

The first time you "select a target" it isn't really selecting the target at all, you are just saying you want to perform an action.

When you select your spell to cast, then you get a purple spinning icon over the target, that is the real "targeting" icon. It defaults to the last thing you had selected so it can easily be confused with having to select a target twice, but oh well.

After you select the target and the purple circle disappears do not hit any other buttons or it will cancel your cast, I did this a lost at first too. :) Once the spell casts then you can select another spell and select the target again, just repeat.

And yeah, it sucks that the aoe button you have to hit with the mouse, you cannot select it any other way. Or you can just use the command /aoe on to turn it on or /aoe off to turn AOE off.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

And yeah, it sucks that the aoe button you have to hit with the mouse, you cannot select it any other way. Or you can just use the command /aoe on to turn it on or /aoe off to turn AOE off.

Or use the emote button on your gamepad :p ...

Thanks for the help! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the game and it's content! :)

I think typing /aoe on is a lit easier than bringing up the emotes list and scrolling through the list to find what you are looking for lol.

I think typing /aoe on is a lit easier than bringing up the emotes list and scrolling through the list to find what you are looking for lol.

No...if you hit the emote list button while in combat it automatically toggles on AoE...it does not bring up the emote list :p

Or use the emote button on your gamepad :p ...

Umm, whats this aoe stuff?
Seems like I missed something basic...

Kinda figured something was wrong when I made AoE attacks (mainly fire) with conjurer and only one target seems to get hit. Is it because I need to hit emote button to make AoE attacks be AoE? (if that is the case it seems a bit silly but I'm always ready to learn someting new :)

Last edited:
When you are selecting a target you should see a green orbish button that says "Area of Effect". If this is lite up then AOE is on, otherwise it is off. You can click on the button with your mouse, or type /aoe, /aoe on, or /aoe off, or you can hit the button on your controller that normally brings up the emote list. Any of these options will toggle AOE on or off.

Back