PvP for Friday 3/16 - Dual SF Build

dorkelf

PvP for Friday 3/16 - Burst of Heat

I promise, this is the last time I'm gonna change my mind on this. :)

Here's the final verdict on a build for Friday night:

http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Build:Team_-_HA_Burst_Of_Heat

Its really nasty and effective and we've run across it many times in HA.

Here's what you have to choose from:

Zealous Benediction Protection Monk
Light of Deliverance Infuser Monk
Burst of Aggression Assassin with Shadow Prism (elite)
Savannah Heat Ele (basically, Searing Flames ele with SH instead of SF)
Water Ele (with water trident, fun for the whole family!)

Lets see if we can make a serious attempt to run this build, so that we can at least evaluate whether it might have potential for Team SoE.

If you want to participate in this build experiment, post here with your first and second choices for a character build to run from the above team build. Also list any specific skills you are planning to bring if you are going to deviate from those listed on the wiki page.

I am asking all participants to be in the hall by 9:30 EST but I am also asking you to be prepared to play until at least 11:00 EST. If you can't play that late, then sorry but you might want to sit this one out. Dealing with a new build takes patience and a lot of setup time, things are always going to run later than expected.

Important note: If waiting around in the Guild Hall concerns you, you're welcome to 'check in' with me and then do other stuff in-game while we get set up, as long as you can return quickly when I PM you.

Paul

Last edited:
i can bring any one of them paragons and i plan on being there. I also think that right now as the build stands that we wont work too well on it, but after we work it and throw in our SoEness it will be uber.

as always, i am excited to try out a new build! cant wait

Thanks as always for your enthusiasm STC. I hate to disappoint you but I think I'm going to hold off on trying the paragons for the moment - with Andrew gone I'm not confident we'll have enough serious pvp players to step into the role of a paragon. I'll bet Andrew will be willing to try it though sometime soon. But for tommorrow night lets return to my original idea...sort of. Instead of dual SF though we'll try this build:

http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Build:Team_-_HA_Burst_Of_Heat

Its really nasty and effective and we've run across it many times in HA.

Just as I mentioned before, I'd appreciate if anyone interested in the above build would post a first and second and choice. Here's what you have to choose from:

Zealous Benediction Protection Monk
Light of Deliverance Infuser Monk
Burst of Aggression Assassin with Shadow Prism (elite)
Savannah Heat Ele (basically, Searing Flames ele with SH instead of SF)
Water Ele (with water trident, fun for the whole family!)

And I PROMISE, I am not going to switch the build again. Forgive my indecisiveness, just trying to run what will work best for our folks this week.

Paul

Yesterday I got in a PUG with a similar version of that build except we had 2 SH eles., thumper, assassin, and the 2 monks. It worked really well we made it to the Hall and lost by 5. (it was cap/hold the altar....grr how I hate that type). We also beat out a rank 400 team that won the halls about 20 minutes before we started. I was the LoD infuser, but my build was a little different than the one that is posted on that site. This build is well balanced with defense and offense.

Unfortunately I have to work Friday and wont be on till late..if you all are still PvPing.

If you all are stilll on I can bring anything but an assassin.

ahh man...

well i got like 10k balth faction so i could bring anything cept monks, cause.. thats servants job.
anyway this is still new so yay excited again!

Yesterday I got in a PUG with a similar version of that build except we had 2 SH eles., thumper, assassin, and the 2 monks. It worked really well we made it to the Hall and lost by 5. (it was cap/hold the altar....grr how I hate that type). We also beat out a rank 400 team that won the halls about 20 minutes before we started. I was the LoD infuser, but my build was a little different than the one that is posted on that site. This build is well balanced with defense and offense.

Unfortunately I have to work Friday and wont be on till late..if you all are still PvPing.

If you all are stilll on I can bring anything but an assassin.

I think too that the water spiker could be replaced by a virulence mes. Might ask Dea to run that if we don't have someone who wants to play the water ele.

So far I count STC and C$ as being there tonight at 9:30, anyone else going to make it? We particularly need at least 1 good monk. I can play the other (not so good) monk if necessary. :)

Paul

Okay, so you ASSUME I'll be there, then don't list me as coming? What type of husband unit ARE you?

I wanna be an ele. Either type of ele. But I don't monk well in HA, and don't have much experience as an assassin.

Probably good you faction farmed with "my" account, huh?

Okay, so you ASSUME I'll be there, then don't list me as coming? What type of husband unit ARE you?

I wanna be an ele. Either type of ele. But I don't monk well in HA, and don't have much experience as an assassin.

Probably good you faction farmed with "my" account, huh?

well you can be the SH, because I don't have that. I'll slum it by being a water elementalist (the polar opposite of my favorite *sigh* I just gotta "persuade" my sister to get the cash I made back from her inventory to the xunlai agent....) I just have to cap on skill and buy like two others but that'll be easy as pie

Back