Possible Feature: User-Submitted News?

SirThom

Howdy!

This is one of the ideas I came up with a couple months ago while I was planning PureFun, but it never came through due to time constraints.

This feature, in a nutshell, will be similar to digg (in terms of functionality -- submit stories, they appear all together on a homepage, drill down into specific groups, etc.) but all the news stories will be screened for family-appropriateness.

You guys will submit news through the Contribute module, similar to the way you submit other content right now, where you'll be able to write up your story, cite your sources, specify what type of news it is (gaming news, music news, etc.), and what item it may be related to. For example, if you're submitting a press release on a new CD by your favorite artist, you'd be able to associate that news story with the artist. Then, when you view the artist's page on PureFun, the press release you submitted will be listed (as well as on the main Music page for PureFun).

Obviously, this idea is still in the incubator, but I wanted to get your feedback on it before I dive into this project.

So, what do you think? :)

I'll fourth it! I think that'd be really cool. I browse news every morning and I'd like a place to share some interesting articles I don't want to start a thread about.

Back