old raids/instances

galatian

ok i know i already asked about the old raids but i did ubrs yesterday with the guild and it was amazing and so i thought id get attuned for some other instances...first off what do i need and second since alot of ppl r starting use that even calendar can we plan an old raid.. im not saying to do it weekly just one were ppl can go back or the ppl that r lvling can get the taste of a raid b4 the lvl 70 raids. so ya

o btw! hunter question....is BM good to raid with? or is it better to have marks since u do more criting and so u have slower atts and so on and so forth

I would highly suggest respeccing MM, as it's the best all around (it's great for PvP, dungeons, raids, etc).

It's entirely possible we may do Onyxia or a run through MC or something, if just for fun.

ok cool...i dont wanna beg cause i was earlier in guild chat not on purpose but can some people help me get the keyed for onx?

As for a hunter spec, I would not go BM during raids/higher level 5 mans. Your pet seems to die more often, and you lose a good deal of DPS that way. I would suggest respeccing to MM, and some into survival. I did that upon reaching 70, and have loved it. I went 17 points deep into survival for the imp. traps/trap mastery talents, mainly because I find myself doing a lot of CC. I can currently chain trap a single mob with little to no problem in a level 70 instance, and typically can output fairly decent damage.

Old-world endgame requirements are as follows:

Blackrock Spire: No requirements for Lower; Upper requires a Seal of Ascension (one only). Seal chain starts with a drop in the Lower area.
Stratholme: No requirement for live side; one member must have a key for dead side (or else you can enter it after fighting a bit of live). Key drops from a boss on the dead side.

Scholomance: One member must have a key, obtained from a chain starting at Chillwind Camp.

Zul'Gurub: No requirements, but get the quests from Zandalar Isle (off NW coast of STV) for best results.

Molten Core: Entrance is at the end of BRD. Once you get there, a short attunement quest will allow you a shortcut.

Onyxia's Lair: One of only two that absolutely cannot be accessed without attunement. Loooooong attunement quest chain, begins from Morgan's Vigil.

Blackwing Lair: Entrance is somewhat past Rend in UBRS. A drop from just outside the BRS entrances begins an attunement quest to allow a shortcut.

Ahn'Qiraj: There's a world event to open it. Once that's happened (which it did long ago on Stonemaul, but has not quite been reached on Blade's Edge), no attunement is needed for either part.

Naxxramas: The other one that absolutely requires attunement (the "entrance" in Strat is fake). The attunement is purchased in Light's Hope Chapel, and requires at least Honored with Argent Dawn (free at Exalted, and much cheaper at Revered than at Honored).

Back