October 28, 2014 Custom Map Pre-Download

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
As usual a day late (six hours to game night XD) and a dollar short I managed to patch together another version of my map ctf_Bad_Manors. We weren't running it before because I needed to fix some textures I missed packing in. Hopefully, if it all works, we can run it tonight and every now and then. It was conceived to make ctf_2fort less of a stalemate and seems to work to that effect. I think it's actually quite good with low player counts as well.

ctf_bad_manors_a4

Change log:
Added several models/placeholders with temporary textures until I can finish them.
Added Study (flag) room. I liked the pace of the map before but wanted a better "end" room. Hopefully it doesn't make the map stalemate to much.
Opened up the center of the sewer area more.

Known bug:
There is a water rendering issue in the center sewer area I didn't have time to hunt down and fix.

INSTRUCTIONS: You need to extract and place the .bsp map from the .bz2 file into your map folder. The folder should be somewhere like D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\download\maps . The free and wonderful 7zip decompression software is available here if you need it for extraction.

For your information this link goes to all the custom maps currently on our server with both the raw .bsp and compressed .bz2 versions. Any of which are available for play on request (with the exception of arena).

Last edited:
Back