Ocelotropolis Message Board

Josh2415

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Server Operator
The town connected to my castle in Caladan now has a name. In light of all the ocelots that keep spawning and roaming the city (the northern part used to be jungle), its name is Ocelotropolis. (ah-seh-lah-TROP-oh-liss).

New plots are available for claiming and setting up a home!

Message for TDW - It looks like your plot is getting neglected. Well, at least by you, maybe not by others. You should come tidy it up.

-Lost_Shepherd

OCELOTROPOLIS NEWS

Expanding, Again!
Citizens of Ocelotropolis, you may have noticed the construction in the southwest corner of the city today. Good news! The city is again expanding. There will soon be more plots available for ownership, to add to the two that are still open. These will continue with the large plot size and some will have a great view of the lake and stream. The newly contained area brings the city to triple its original size! Work is being done to remove the previous wall as the new one is further developed. Yes, the wall that was just raised is being razed. Fortunately, the mortar has not fully cured and the relocation process has been easy. Besides strengthening the walls, crews are laying roads, connecting lights, and new plots will be made available as soon as they are ready.

"I Rode the Road"
Speaking of roads, the city is now connected to Spawn Town! That's right, no more trudging through mud or sand to get anywhere. Now the automatically-lighting brick road extends all the way to the new wall. It will make for a smooth trip during the day, and make it feasible to do the darkness dash at night. The new gate is on order and will be here soon, to keep those pesky mobs out of Ocelotropolis. This will give people easier access to the library, grocery store, Nether tower, and general world travel through the church. Hopefully it will make church attendance easier as well!

Hungry?
The community garden, next to the blacksmith shop, will soon be expanding. It was quite crowded before, but it got us started. With the removal of the adjoining wall, it will have much more room, which will be put to good use. As always, anyone is welcome to harvest the food for their family, as long as it is replanted for the next citizen. As a side note, our resident farmer is still searching for the right contractor to build a house for him behind the blacksmith's house. If you know of someone interested, feel free to leave a message.

What's next?
What else would you like to see in town? Would a small chapel be useful, free-standing or inside the castle, for those not wanting to venture to the Spawn Church? Are there other buildings or services you'd like to see in town? We're always looking for ideas, and value your input! Drop us a message on this message board and make your voice heard!

That's all for now. Take care, my friends!
-Lost_Shepherd

Last edited:
OCELOTROPOLIS NEWS

Expansion Complete! (for now)
Citizens of Ocelotropolis, the construction sounds are now done, and you can once again relax to the quiet chirping of the birds (they hide so well -- they're virtually impossible to ever see!), the conversations of the citizens, the moaning of zombies outside the wall, and the occasional song of the squids. The new walls are complete and the old walls have been removed. This new land has created several plots for anyone to start building their dream house upon. For your convenience, wood has been placed upon unclaimed properties, which spells "OPEN" for those viewing the satellite feed (dynmap).

Where are you?
Roads now have names! Now you can tell your friends where your house is.

New residents!
New residents have joined the city! On the south side, there are now pens for cows and sheep. There is also a chicken pen, which has yet to be populated -- apparently the egg comes before the chickens, and I seem to have terrible luck with hatching eggs. The sheep can be dyed any color you desire for your building/carpeting needs. Shear them quickly, though, because the next person could change them all to another color! Please use dyes that will not cause the sheep to get cancer or grow an extra appendage from repeated application. Also in town are native villagers! That's right, we have some trading possible now. George has taken up residence at the Information Station right next to the entrance to Ocelotropolis. He has opened a store (not being the brightest blockhead on the block, it's called "Trader George's Trading Place") and currently is selling arrows and buying wool. I think George will fit wonderfully into our town. There was another villager spotted near the castle, but he has since gone missing. He was selling an Eye of Ender for 9 emeralds... so I don't think there will be a negative effect on our economy from him going AWOL.

New buildings
New noteworthy buildings are the visitor stables at the entrance to the city, the animal pens mentioned, the farmer's house, and a new construction of mine overlooking the northwest lake, as well the relocation of OCS's house and TDW's destruction where he is building his pit of despair. The castle also has a new addition: a public library just off the vestibule at the main entrance. There is an enchanting table for practical application of the knowledge you glean, and chairs for relaxing. Books may be checked out and there are no late fees, but if you lose too many, I may have to appropriate your dwelling.

Take care, my friends!
-Lost_Shepherd[/QUOTE]

Back