Non-Contest: A Little Lyric

Kendrik

Staff member
I'm one of those creative and verbal processor types, so I hope you don't mind me processing some stuff here in lyrical form. In the event that it's at least half-decent, I think I'll put it to proper music. Anydangway, here goes!

Better the wounds that come from a friend
Than the praise of a fool whose mind is of men
But such hurtful words don't readily mend
And people like these do naught but offend

They called me brother and told me that they cared
In backing their claim, evidence was nowhere

And it's me that they're still killing
And they don't know a thing

So I'll lay down my arms
And surrender the pain
Though I've been harmed
There is grace, I pray
In the love of King
Who gave everything
Now it's my turn to do the same

Beaten, betrayed, and burned with no shame
Forever it seems, these scars will remain

And it's me that they're still killing
And they don't know a thing

So I'll lay down my arms
And surrender the pain
Though I've been harmed
There is grace, I pray
In the love of King
Who gave everything
Now it's my turn to do the same

These scars may never heal
But I'll make my appeal
To the One who can save
Me from the pain
Of never letting go
So I can let this go

Not bad. I assume it's set to a phat beat or some guitar rifts? Probably more of the sentimental kind though :) .

Now you just need a hip name and your musical career awaits! Let's see googles...

K-man /taken
KD /taken
Kenny D /taken
(Note I know none of these people nor care too :p .)

Uh maybe Kendrikles?... sounds like a disease or an unappealing cereal >.< :p ... ok maybe a hip, original, name will take some work... and no I am not really trying :p .

Your lyrics were really alright though :) .

Last edited:
I like what you've got there, Kenny. I could hear most of it in my head... the flow felt like something like Stand in the Rain by Superchic(k) or Get Back Up by TobyMac.

I dunno, just what I was hearing. Of course, you could put the same song to about 1000 different styles of music, depending on your particular tastes (although I've tried my hand at writing for my preferred style, and can't get it to flow)

lol Thanks for the input, Gerbil-san. I'd probably just go by Kenny Yeager as a solo act (psst: old music of varying quality at http://www.soundclick.com/kennyyeager). :p

Appreciate the kind words from both you, by the way. A month after writing the lyric, I feel like it's more "one of those things I needed to write" than "one of those things that turned out great." That said, I'ma try actually putting it to music soon. Due to lack of band, it'll end up being an acoustic affair.

My music these days is almost always inspired by Emery's vocal melodies and drives like Cash with hints of the Protomen's epicness. Unfortunately, everything on my Soundclick is older... and lacks this awesomeness.

Back