• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
couldn't we combine the two??

[toj.cc].playername

/me lubs throwing proverbial wrenches into the works

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]too long
yeh that dot makes all the difference ...
laugh.gif

I like the idea of toj.cc, but i think its too long, and it has brackets
tounge.gif
lol i like the dot, its simple and i can combine my fls tag iwth it with more ease

If we were to use the one in brackets, I could be in trouble in league games. We use professional tags including our last names and "ToJ | McDermott <Parakletos>" is the max number of characters allowed 0_o

yea, this will be the 3rd tag since I have joined ToJ. I really don't understand why we got to keep on changing it.

not sure about the first two, but we are changing it this time because the pipe character (|) is not allowed in some of the games that ToJ is involved in (battle.net restrictions).

Tek's thread on the tag

hopefully this will be the final change, but you never know
smile.gif

Should toj.playername win the primary poll, I would like to see another poll to decide between toj.playername and ToJ.playername.

But hey, that's just me. ^_^;;

Hrm...According to the Battle.net web site, they do:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]New Battle.net accounts names are restricted to just letters (a through z), numbers (0 through 9) and the symbols - _ . ( ) [ ]

Don't confuse poor Tek. ;_;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flash @ Oct. 04 2003,4:33)]I know that, i read that, but in SC, i couldn't not use brackets.. -_-.. is it only me?
I havent been around SC in about 3 years, but im sure that once the new changes for Battle.net come into effect, the name restrictions will also.

Ok here's the scoop. I have one concern about the [toj.cc] tag. A lot of people dont know about the .cc in a url and they are like yeah cool tag but whats the cc part. So I guess we should stick with the www.toj.cc if we want the site in it. It's not like our tag is toj.com cause then people would be like ooohh that's a website. I hope you all know what I mean and im not just taking up space :/

What is the word for that thing anyway?
I know, I'll do some research on it and come back with an answer.

I knew it all along...just doubted myself.

We now say that the .cc is the TLD to our website. That is all.

PS. Back in the day that stood for command center, which springs from our roots in starcraft. (Terran Command Center).

Our old website was http://tojcc.net-games.com

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Que Pasa @ Oct. 06 2003,6:28)]We now say that the .cc is the TLD to our website. That is all.
TLD = top-level domain. For those who didn't know.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]PS. Back in the day that stood for command center, which springs from our roots in starcraft. (Terran Command Center).

Funny story about that...

I originally wanted toj.org for our web site domain. When I found out that it was taken, I e-mailed the owner and he said that he would be willing to let it go for (I believe) $1500. I was very disappointed and was rather despondent when I discovered that our only viable option was to get a .cc domain UNTIL my best friend (known to ToJ members as Elihu) told me, "It stands for command center!" And that made everything okay.

biggrin.gif

I kept my eye on that domain for several months--maybe even a year. I forget how long. But after a lot of dreaming, ogling of domain names, and silliness with Net-Games (we survived two purges of hosted sites), we have our domain name today!

So I might be a little biased when I put in my vote for [toj.cc]. *G*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back