mrpopdrinker

rizz

i dunno what it is with him but something really just bugs me..lol

anyone else got any coments on this?

i think maybe its the fact he starts every word with a Y.. is that some jewish thing. if so is he even jewish or is he just a nut?

he says he does it out of respect, but if he was to do that it should be Yahweah and not Yehsua, and even then we do not have Christ name writen down in Hebrew in Greek. if i remember right.

Also lets not turn this into a gossip area, let us keep this program Pure and Holy for God.

I'm not trying to slander his name or anything.. just when i read his posts theres an itch i cant scratch.. am i the only person getting that?

Oh and ive never heard the word yeshua

The name of God is Jehovah. In the old hebrew and greek the jews used a new pen each time they wrote his name and then threw the pen away. But Jehovah itself is a made up word because the name of God is so holy that Jews couldnt even say or write it... ( i think thats correct maybe my history is a bit off)... but if thats the case what is he trying to prove by putting all these random names in?

some spanish catholics call Jesus Yeahzeus, spelled Yehsua. i know about the itch you speak of i get it from some people that i would rather see banned than to carry on pig headly. but that is just me i know you where not slandering him i just didnt want it to degrade to that level.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ Oct. 17 2003,4:32)]The name of God is Jehovah. In the old hebrew and greek the jews used a new pen each time they wrote his name and then threw the pen away. But Jehovah itself is a made up word because the name of God is so holy that Jews couldnt even say or write it... ( i think thats correct maybe my history is a bit off)... but if thats the case what is he trying to prove by putting all these random names in?
Jehovah was actually a Germanic interpretation =o

I admit that I don't like mrpopdrinker and I have no real reason not too, It's just when I read his posts they do more to anger me b/c he seems not to be researched and seems to be not so much hateful but rather intolerant of my own sect of Christianity (Catholicism [but then again who's not  
wow.gif
])

could i call your attention to the topic in general discussion. The one regarding women in combat. Could you all please read it an let me know what you think of his comments in there. I dont want to say anything about it until i hear your views but i think u can guess what i think of his opinion.

I've had the discussion with other people, individuals like mrpopdrinker are the reason why people fear Christians and America as a whole =/

I'm moving to Spain and becoming a Daoist =o

j/k
wink.gif

He basicly has the attitude that he is an american and we can do what ever we want because we have the power. what he forgets though is, that he has been taught through a very narrow perspective as most americans have.

those that control the past control the future, those that control the present control the past.

hmm, I know this is offtopic, but I need to address it, mostly because I'm bothered, and I apologize if it comes off as offensive.

The name that God gave himself at the burning bush was translated as "I am that I am" or more literally "I will be that which I will be." Taking the Hebrew letters (the hebrew language is composed of "letters" that aren't like ours. Each has it's own character and meaning and is more comprehensive in its verbalization) that "said" this, the alliteration YHVH was contrived. That is the "greek" equivalent of the hebrew word, which I can't put here, because I don't have the font downloaded. The pronunciation of this name is roughly "Yahweh." Early translators translated the alliteration as Jehovah, neglecting the fact that there is no J sound in hebrew.

Yahweh is closer to accurate. We get what you're talking about if you say Jehovah. He's the "I Am."

not to get grumpy, but gentle on the "jew" thing.

regarding mrpopdrinker, I'm not terribly impressed with his posts, or how he seems to have overrun just about everything. Perhaps, as a moderated forum, he needs to be moderated? I guess if he's making these comments and stuff in general discussion spots, he can, as much as mr. eon or ultima avatar can. But, within THIS forum, there is a purpose, and if he's not contributing to that purpose, perhaps he should be shown the door?

oh yeah, Yeshua is actually Jesus' hebrew name (back to the lack of J sounds in the hebrew language), just like Joshua was actually Yehoshua, etc.

It'd be like someone named "George" in the US being called "Jorge" in Mexico. Which is right? Depends on your perspective and preference.

thanks for your input ppl. i think we shall be slapping mrpop if he comes out with any more shiny comments like the now deleted session about nuking saddam. it sent me off the deep end but everythings square now.. i just suggest you keep an eye on him and report any nasties to me or tek.

and im not really bothered about what ppl call god. hes still god. as long as they dont call him buddha or nothing..lol

Back