Monday December 8

cc.slim

“So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.” Matthew 7:11 NLT

Dreading the walk through crowded isles at a huge department store, I pause beside a clothes rack perusing my Christmas shopping list to enlist time efficiency, a point to begin. I glance across the store and spot the toy section, and electronics, both on my list. I lean on the top of the local collegiate sweat shirts rack, and rescan my list, noting the first and second choices for those on my list. What they want, or what I want to get them. I look back out at the crowded isles uncomfortable with the sight, so I closed my eyes and came to the father for strength and from within the words of Jesus came to me.

“So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.” Matthew 7:11 NLT

Humbled to confusion at the words echoing in my mind I searched within to what is meant, hence beginning a quick internal check list.
Sinner, check, children, check, a good gift, hmm, do I give the gift of what they want, or a gift of what I want?
A smile breaks out upon my face as I think upon pictures, coffee cups, and slippers that my children have given me a few Christmas’s back, along with other memorable Christmas gifts. Right then I knew that none of this mess before me, is Christmas, for them or for me. It’s about giving the gift of eternity. To give a heirloom of love, chosen from the heart so it will stand forever apart.
I glance up and chuckle an understanding question “Thanks Jesus, now where do I start!”

Christ is in Christmas, he is in you, and he is in me, to be the gift, for another to see, for Gifts of love leave more than a memory!

Last edited:
Back