Mob grinder

Josh2415

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Server Operator
To Rexul and anyone else wanting to use his mob grinder.

Do NOT go AFK at the mob grinder.

If you want to sit there and kill them once in a while, that's fine. But going AFK for an extended period of time causes big problems.

Rexul, I logged on to the server and noticed it was lagging. I tp'ed to you, figuring you were afk at your mob grinder (by the lack of dialogue). Initially there were over a thousand mobs there, before I turned F3 off. I don't know how high the count would have climbed to. I couldn't tp out; I couldn't kick you; I was frozen with a frame rate of 1 per 3 seconds. I had to shut down the server to get out.

Do not do that again, ever. Non-ops would have no way to fix that mess. I also don't want our host complaining that we are burning up their CPU.

Last edited:
Since we have moved hosts, and the server is not hosted by me anymore, this could get to be a big issue. I hate to say it, but another occurrence like that, and anymore going forward from anyone, there would need to be some repercussions.

If I log in and see that anyone has gone AFK while at a mob grinder, you can bet that you will lose access to said spawner will be destroyed. Ill think of something creative, I'm sure. Harsh I know, but you have been warned.

Back