Mentor scheme review

rizz

Hi guys, the mentor and prayer forums has been up a few months now and its a good time to take stock and see how its progressing.

Firstly the individual mentorship scheme has all but fizzled out. We had one applicant initially and he has drifted from contact. I am not sure whether to give this one more push or to let it go...

The prayer forums are living nicely. Its good to see how God is using that to unite a load of believers all over the world.

I think we need to think of something new to add into the prayer and mentoring scheme as a whole. With the addition of a new daily bible plan i think its time to have something to go alongside that. I have no idea what though im hoping for some inspiration..

Rizz when i get the time i will try to write up a program where we take the mentors and they just keep in contact with the people from ToJ/CGA that we can just maybe a Hi and everything, and see how everyone is doing, also i think the mentors should be emailing or messaging the people who post prayer requests who may not be very well known to the group.

Yeh i think that we keep in contact is the main thing. thats what this forum is essentially for though... and its hardly used.

well something that i started just because i have the time was last night i just msged someone that has posted a prayer request and talked to them about it, they told me it had helped them so its all good, but of course the person being a girl and me being a guy, doesnt make for the best of accountablity and can build some walls so i asked DrummerGirl ( she is truely awesome) to msg the person, havent heard from either yet, but then again i was out all night,

but i think maybe this is something that mentors could/should do is with new people, or even the regs
we should msg them via email/ or a msger and just talk to them, not in a pestering way, but like using kidan as my example

Hey kidan hows your son doing?
*kidan* the operation went good, God was with the doctors.
Thats great to hear man, so your son sleeping better and all?

i am not 100% sure why the tubes were put in, but i mean who knows what this could do, because one it lets us know personally how people are doing, secondly it afirms to them that we do care, and thirdly it is a one on one experience, maybe some people want a mentor just they are still scared of what others will say, or are a bit intimidated about it. just my ideas.

Yes of course feel free to chase up anyone who posts a prayer request. It will be better when we have more people to do that. Which is why you need to find people.. just start dropping names and i will have a look.

One thing i want to do is try and use the word mentor as little as possible. It seemed to be a point of confusion and a buzzword that often takes more explaining than its worth. So i think if we build a good team of CGA mentors we should try and use the phrase as little as possible.

Back