luly 12th, 2005

RED

July 9th, 2005

Spirit of Adoption

Read Romans 8:14-17

See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and that is what we are.
-1 John 3:1 (NRSV)

HOW could anyone love an adopted child as much as one born to them? All adoptive parents deal with this question asked by others, perhaps even by their own family members. As a parent who recently adopted two wonderful little girls, I put aside that question within an instant of seeing my daughters for the first time. I knew immediately that love is greater than anything else in the universe, certainly greater than a biological connection.

The family of God is like my family. We cannot claim a connection to Christ through birth. All of God's children are adopted into the family of God rather than born into it. God's love is greater than a biological birthright or any other connection, and there is room in God's family for each one of us.
Mark T. Bay (Kentucky, U.S.A.)

Parayer:
Thank you, God, for adopting us and making us your children. Through Christ's love we pray, "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one."* Amen.

Last edited:
Back