Losing a Game

RiverTigress

So GoPets just announced it was shutting down after having moved all my gaming business over to there from EQ2. It makes me kind of sad because I actually enjoyed playing that game everyday instead of it just being only work, and this makes the fourth time now I will have to start a new business from scratch somewhere else. Fortunately, though, my business plan is founded on the promises of the Bible concerning work and labor and not dependent on any certain game system in particular so I'm not too distressed over it. I just need to find a new place to move over to and then I'll be fine business-wise. Vanguard and FreeRealms look to be the next most readily available opportunities to pursue so I'll likely be evaluating them in the days to come.

I produce items in MMO's that legally allow me to sell them for real cash within the game. The core business itself actually remains the same -- finding and supplying underfilled demands within a game and selling the produce through PayPal and preferably Livegamer where possible -- but each game differs in the range of activities and investments needed so changing games always feels like starting over again since I have learn a new market and new ways of doing things every time, not to mention starting over with a new currency system as well.

I'm sorry to hear that you are losing the ability to earn some income off a game you enjoy. :( I hope you find something else soon. At least the Lord has blessed you with the ability to have this type of income. :D

Back